335i touring... or?

Soldato
something suggested here?

I think the car that's closest to the definition of what I want next is the 335i touring - If you were contemplating one of these, what other stuff would you contemplate?

Pretty soon it'll be 3-4k a year. mainly just me on my own, but I do a fair bit of cycling related stuff that a wagon would be dead useful for.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it mountain bike stuff? If so maybe something like a 4x4 volvo estate be better if you're going to be going up a few tracks and things...

Soldato
You might be better sticking the bike on the roof in all honesty, will obviously go in the back but it'll be with the seats down anyway and will take up most of the back

Man of Honour
I guess the obvious other thing to look for would be an E61 of some engine type.

Trouble is there is nothing really that compares well with the 335i. It's a gaping hole in the E60/61 range. The quickest 6 cylinder petrol is the 272bhp 530i - which isn't bad but isn't quite the N54 engine - and to get circa 300bhp you need to move to a V8 which doesn't have the 335i's key appeal of shockingly reasonable running costs (Well, in the context of 300bhp cars at least, it's far from cheap).

The Americans got a 535i, we didn't :(

Soldato
OP
just as an aside, I currently get my bikes (road and MTB) reasonably well into my E46 coupe, drop the seats, lose a wheel and one bike goes in easily enough.

BUT I am moving down the framebuilding line, and a touring would be able to transport jigs, gas cylinders, several frames etc more easily

Back
Top Bottom