£350 New Gaming/Work Monitor - 1080 GPU

Associate
Hi,

Was hoping I could get some advice here on a new monitor purchase which would be greatly appreciated.

I have just bought a 1080 GPU for my computer which I use for both gaming and professional use. For work I utilise a dual screen set-up whilst for gaming I do play modern games that are quite demanding (PUBG, CSGO).

I have been looking at 24" (as I have heard these are a sweet spot for gaming, but I'm not opposed to larger or an ultrawide) and 144hz monitors as I understand this refresh rate is required to fully maximise the benefits of my GPU in gaming scenarios. I have also been trying to decide if GSync is worth the extra outlay and whether the difference is that noticeable? Mixed reports online.

Can anyone advise on some monitors out there that will both be pleasing to work on during the day and have the capabilities to pair with my GPU for gaming? I'm ideally looking to spend between £300 - £450 per monitor or one larger monitor for £900.

Another thought was if it would be best to buy 1 x monitor for gaming and 1 x monitor for work, but I am hesitant if this wouldn't be pleasing to work on and if they'd be a big disparity in the screens/image. Also, I currently have an AOC 23" LED screen that makes a high pitched noise. I've read this could be the speakers or LED screen... either way, I'd like any future monitor not to be cursed in a similar way. I've also developed a concern over mentions in several forums on the "panel lottery" of ASUS and Acer screens.

Looking for some help... :-S

Thanks,
~Ali

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom