• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3570k oc + 1080Ti for 4k gaming

Associate
I own 3570k (4,5ghz+, cinebench 173/668 just like stock i5 7600). Is there any test checking which cpu enough to play 4k ? On gameGPU, after checking some articles i find some weird results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5neVMG1-4LUdnljZEx1Z01uWVk/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5neVMG1-4LUZ0hrWThOOERVbTA/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5neVMG1-4LUYjBacjBUTjVGMjA/view

Will get my 1080Ti in monday, and i was about to buy some new cpu, but maybe will be better just buy cheapest 28" 4k lcd ?

There is even a video with i5 750:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daiF6lYguN4&feature=youtu.be

i know even if fps are almost the same, worst cpu have a shuttering sometimes.

Is my cpu ok for this ? If now, what cpu is enough ?

Soldato
Need to get above 4 threads these days. Performance will begin to suffer simply doing physics and draw calls going forward.

This will vary by game though. Pretty sure hardware unboxed have a good CPU generation review.

2600K/2700K or 3770K would probably be okay at 4k.

Last edited:
Associate
Need to get above 4 threads these days. Performance will begin to suffer simply doing physics and draw calls going forward.

This will vary by game though. Pretty sure hardware unboxed have a good CPU generation review.

2600K/2700K or 3770K would probably be okay at 4k.

Gotta agree with this, i've got a 1080ti paired with a 4670k @4.4 and whilst most games run fine at 4k, it's just a matter of time. I'm going to wait for the Ryzen refresh that's around the corner and upgrade.

Associate
OP
For price a used 3770k i can get new 8400, i know motherboard and ddr4 cost too, but i rather just w8 for 8/16 i7 in this year than upgrade. Should i be fine for the next couple of month ?

What do u guys think about AOC U2879VF ?

Soldato
For price a used 3770k i can get new 8400, i know motherboard and ddr4 cost too, but i rather just w8 for 8/16 i7 in this year than upgrade. Should i be fine for the next couple of month ?

Just because you won't be getting the best out of a 1080ti doesn't mean it won't be adequate. It'll likely be minimums that suffer mainly.

Also yeh definitely don't spend money on a 3770K because even that might last you only a year and then you'll need to upgrade again.

You can also sell your 3570K bundle (CPU/RAM/Mobo) for a £100 or so.

Associate
OP
Getting around 45+ in 4k will be fine with be atm. Just worried about this shutters because of low cpu, i hate that feeling.

Soldato
Getting around 45+ in 4k will be fine with be atm. Just worried about this shutters because of low cpu, i hate that feeling.

You can always try it and find out on Monday. Might be worth giving some numbers in this thread as there doesn't seem to be a massive number of 2500K to 8400/8600K comparisons available. They are mostly 2600K to 8700K.

Associate
OP
I have oc 3570k (performance like stock i5 7600 in cinebench), but there like nothing online to compare to. I didnt get lcd yet. Thinking about AOC U2879VF for now, and in future something like 4k/144hz+ with g-sync.

Associate
OP
I wanted to share with my experience with this card + i3570k, all i can say it all works better than i expected, and i highly recoment, cpu usage is very low at 4k and totally enough

Caporegime

i would say its pretty pointless investment in a 3770k tbh because you will have to upgrade again sooner than just buying new right once.just buy a newer i5 or save money and then do a full mobo cpu upgrade later. 3770k fetch way too much and you can get a lot quicker cpus for games now days for similar prices new.

Associate
OP
i would say its pretty pointless investment in a 3770k tbh because you will have to upgrade again sooner than just buying new right once.just buy a newer i5 or save money and then do a full mobo cpu upgrade later. 3770k fetch way too much and you can get a lot quicker cpus for games now days for similar prices new.

Yeah i think u right, i think i just w8 for 8/16 ice lake, atm this cpu is enough for 4k/60 gaming, and it pointless to change for anything else because i only use this pc for gaming

Associate
OP
I mean literally.

Definition of why bother
—used to say that something is not worth the trouble
  • "I'll try calling again." "Why bother?"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/why bother
but i own this i5 already for like idk ? 5 year ? I dont wanna buy i5 I have i5. Maybe u mean i5 8400 ? Then i guess u right, ice lake will be propably better, ryzen just suck tbh in gaming, so why even bother buying worst cpu for gaming, if i already have better 5years old one ?

Soldato
because the i5 will still be quicker in games maybe ? before all the you dont know its always the same even old i5s beat ryzens now.coffee lake way infront.its just how it is.

Its not way in front at higher resolutions and details though. If the price is right then the AMD is still probably best bang for buck.

Hardware unboxed just did an 8700k vs 1800x and at 1440p and high details the difference is small.

Associate
OP
Its not way in front at higher resolutions and details though. If the price is right then the AMD is still probably best bang for buck.

Hardware unboxed just did an 8700k vs 1800x and at 1440p and high details the difference is small.

yeah, and i play in 4k now, I did some test i know i dont need to change cpu yet, so i just w8 for ice lake, grab 8/16 i7 cpu and i will be fine for the next 5 years.

I just want to say, if u have older i5, like 3570k and more, u want to play 4k game, just grab 1080ti and u will be fine

Caporegime
re unboxed just did an 8700k vs 1800x and at 1440

the funny thing is as i said earlier a i5 even old one will match the ryzen.never mind coffee lake so no point in ryzen for gaming.only reason for ryzen is budget and if you want to do multitasking.for gaming alone even old i5s are better or match even the highest ryzen.so for cost gaming wise they pointless.

7600k beats the 1800x at most games or is even.for eg

Associate
OP
the funny thing is as i said earlier a i5 even old one will match the ryzen.never mind coffee lake so no point in ryzen for gaming.only reason for ryzen is budget and if you want to do multitasking.for gaming alone even old i5s are better or match even the highest ryzen.so for cost gaming wise they pointless.

7600k beats the 1800x at most games or is even.for eg

i think used i5 with mobo and old ddr3 will be even cheaper than ryzen for gaming, but i agree for multitasking/rendering stuff, gaming ryzen is the best choice imo.

Back
Top Bottom