360 and Tosh 32WLT66

Soldato
That's what I run and it all looks great. If you check the http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=8699529#post8699529 "Show us you XBox 360 Setup!" thread I'll upload some pictures in a few minutes.

I've got the official stand and use a component lead at 1080i. Many users complain that VGA looks a bit washed out on this TV so component is preferred. Over component it's great though and I even use the 360 as my DVD player.

My only problem with it has been since I've moved house I'm too far away from the screen and now need a bigger one. As I only got this last year the mrs has given me a categorical no to this!

Associate
OP
Cheers for the reply mate, Im getting one before I move house, so the missus cannot say no :)

She doesnt object to much tho, she'll be able to play VP on a bigger screen and from the sofa then :)

its rather a cunning plan.

Soldato
smcshaw said:
As I only got this last year the mrs has given me a categorical no to this!

When the financial director says NO it means NO :p i would love a screen like that one but cannot spend that kind of money so i will probably look to get one of the lcd tv's that ocuk sell , anybody got one ?? how good are they ??

Permabanned
Azraeluk said:
Thinking of getting one of these to run my 260 via
http://www.home-entertainment.toshi...es/lcdplasma-lcdfreeview-32wlt66?opendocument

Does anyone on here have one, and what do they recon to em??

Cheers
Az
I have one of those in my bedroom and it is fine.
Yet to plug a 360 into it though, trying to justify a second 360 so I don't have to unplug the downstairs one...... wifey mumbled something about never seeing me if there was a 360 upstairs..... you'd think she'd be pleased...

Permabanned
Azraeluk said:
depends if you leave your wallet done there Virii :)

Hmmmmmm. There's a few things I want to get but only a few. I'd probably run the net connection to it wired, fully intend to drop some cat5 through the upstairs cavity walls soon.
So a 360 premium would be all I need I think.

Soldato
I was about to order one of these last weekend but then I read here that the 2007 LCD tv models will be out in the next month so it may be worth waiting until then to see what improvements there are over the 06 models. Is this true?

Soldato
I had the 26" version for a few days and found it to be great, except for the fact nothing worked except the TV channels :rolleyes: so it got sent back for a refund and I will be buying the newer 32WLT68 model myself when I get all my cash together :)

But for normal TV it had a nice picture from what I can see on HD and SD*

*For an LCD anyway

Soldato
VIRII said:
I have one of those in my bedroom and it is fine.
Yet to plug a 360 into it though, trying to justify a second 360 so I don't have to unplug the downstairs one...... wifey mumbled something about never seeing me if there was a 360 upstairs..... you'd think she'd be pleased...

With my 360 in the front room, I got so fed up of the missus moaning if I wanted to play during the usual soaps, so I bought an old Tosh 27WL55 from the freeads, and moved the 360 into the Study.. gaming nirvana.. no more "Are you going to play that just now?" questions!!!..

Associate
pinkaardvark said:
Tosh has problems with 1:1 pixel mapping and forces some dodgy overscan I read. Dunno if there is a service dongle update for it.. worth reading up on AV forums I reckon.

Nah it doesn't do 1:1 pixel mapping.
I'm running my 360 through VGA and I've had to set it to 1280x1024 in widescreen.

Permabanned
Demon said:
With my 360 in the front room, I got so fed up of the missus moaning if I wanted to play during the usual soaps, so I bought an old Tosh 27WL55 from the freeads, and moved the 360 into the Study.. gaming nirvana.. no more "Are you going to play that just now?" questions!!!..
Ahh well I have a long term plan that involves extending the garage and converting it into my play room / cinema :D
If it ever gets beyond being a plan I'll be chuffed, till then it is just a warm thought when she nags me.

Back
Top Bottom