360 possibly just commited suicide?

Soldato
Hey,

Had my 360 now for around 2 and a half years..

Just started it up to play Fight Night R3 and whilst it was sat waiting on the menu the 360 froze.

Turned it off, turned it back on and heard what I thought was a mobile interrupting the sound, a single beep. And I then have 3 red lights on the front.

It's lying on its side, and the left and bottom right quadrants were lit.

I turned it off, reconnected all cables after reading the FAQ and it's now turned on but nothing on the screen, got a loud crackling noise that lasted about 3 or 4 seconds. Red lights are off, but nothing is loading.

Not sure whether to keep attempting to restart it or give up.

I was just about to buy IL2 Sturmovik aswell :(

Soldato
OP
Power supply light is orange when the 360 is off, when the 360 is turned on, the power supply light becomes green, but the 360 still has the 3 red rings :(

Last edited:
Soldato
My Elite just died on friday... few days before it crashed upon loading gta4, white lines going down the screen and weird shapes. Didnt think much of it, these things happen.

On friday it done it again, and that was it... 3 red lights :( Barely comes on now... got it to the menu once, but its a gonner.

UPS or whatever are picking it up this week, should get yours sorted for repair too since its still under 3 years old :)

Soldato
OP
My Elite just died on friday... few days before it crashed upon loading gta4, white lines going down the screen and weird shapes. Didnt think much of it, these things happen.

On friday it done it again, and that was it... 3 red lights :( Barely comes on now... got it to the menu once, but its a gonner.

UPS or whatever are picking it up this week, should get yours sorted for repair too since its still under 3 years old :)

Yeah I've just submitted a repair request, awaiting reply from them.
I'm glad it survived as long as it did, as it's a fairly early one.

Soldato
OP
Just wanna say, I sent it off last Monday.

Arrived in Germany Thursday.

It started coming back to me Friday.

Received a new console this morning with a month of xbox live gold.

:) Pretty happy I have to say.

Time to try some demos, I've not had live for a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom