3900x is running hot

Associate
Hi Guys,

So I just recently upgraded from a Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 3900x and I am struggling to keep the temps down. I am just using the default stock cooler that came with the 3900x. Whilst playing Warzone my temps go from 75 degrees to 85 degrees. I ran a realbench stress test and ended it within a couple of minutes as it was all the way up to 92 degrees and was a bit scared so stopped the test. I am most likely looking for cpu cooler recommendations to get the temperature down. Its also good to note that I have a mid tower overclockers case with only 1 back fan. Do you guys think that I need to add more fans onto it as well?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing replies from this community.

Man of Honour
The case I have is the Eclipse P300 Glass Midi Tower Case and probably quite happy to spend up to 100 to get the temperature down
Fans for front are 4 pin pwm speed controlled by the motherboard and the arctic e34 sport is excellent cooler for the money but can spend more if you desire. If you only have one 4 pin ob youe motherboard toy may need a splitter cable.

DE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £52.59 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Associate
next to no airflow through those tiny vent and you only have one fan as an exhaust. No airflow to GPU either. buy two 120mm fans for the front of the case and leave the front panel off.

Get yourself two arctic P14 PWM fans

Soldato
Associate
OP
Ok thanks everyone for your help. I am going to go with the two arctic fans in the front and the alpenfohn eco advanced cpu cooler. Would I have to get another front panel or just leave it completely off and if so how does that look?

Back
Top Bottom