3950x 3080 64gb ram crosshair formula viii

Soldato
This is my PC and has now started blue screening when playing a few hours of 7 Days to Die.

My temps have not once gone above 65, I have a thermaltake p3 case so it's open and the CPU is watercooled. The 3080 fans weren't spinning constantly(never have) so I installed MSI afterburner to have the fans on from 35 onwards and I have taken it apart and cleaned but it still bsod's after about 3/4 hours.

What would you try next?

Thanks in advance.

What does event viewer say at the time of the crash?
I can't look at the event log at the time of the crash because I have over 46,000 errors from "NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly" a quick suggest I delete GeForce so I have and ran testmem5 with no errors, going to test the gpu with 3dmark now.

Thanks for the help so far chaps

I can't test anything no more as it refuses to boot, I have tried unplugging everything and the one ram stick trick, I have tried resetting the cmos and then the bios when that didn't work, it has been draining, I think I will have to buy a new motherboard and go from there.

I appreciate all the suggestions people.

Unfortunately that is not a helpful error. It just means it crashed and does not really know why. I had that error too which was caused by the BIOS. Not sure if have yet, but maybe try a BIOS update.
I have downloaded 2 different bios files due to not having the same nvme options on the latest one, which I will update after I have dug out my gtx 670.

Was hoping it was a cheap ram replacement or PSU but now it seems like I'll need to replace my 3080.... Nuts.

Code 07 post error with the gtx 670, I've tried the ram in every slot possible, resat the cpu but when the keyboard is connected to no matter what USB I get code B4 so I'm now thinking it's a mobo issue.

So I took it all apart(for the 13th time) inspected it but found no dust or dirt but put it back together as it was originally but with the gtx 670 and it let me install a new windows set up, tried the 3080 but no joy so it is my worst(most expensive) fears.

Glad I have it up and running again though, thank you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom