3D Dropped by Panasonic

Associate
just looking at the upcoming models for 2018 no mention of 3d in the specs of the new FX7 range , last years models EX7 had active 3d looks like it really is the end fancied buying a 4k tv but what to do with my 3d titles :(.

have people who bought 3d titles just sold them on in favour of the 4k version if it's available ?

Man of Honour
The effect works well on large screen home cinema. Most of the time though as a film making too it gets in the way of the storytelling; it's a distraction. The only film I've seen in 3D where it enhanced the experience IMO was The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Associate
If you're a fan of 3D and want to continue enjoying it, projectors are still supporting the format are really give the best experience of it.

It does seem a sad situation given 9/10 of last years top grossing theatrical releases were 3D released.

Soldato
We paid £35 each to watch Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D with the enormous glasses on and I have to sat it was fantastic in the IMAX cinema despite the fact that there was distracting 'tearing' in fast moving scenes.

3D done well is a lot of fun but only once in a while on special occasions. Joe Punter was hardly likely to watch Emmerdale in 3D.

Soldato
If you're a fan of 3D and want to continue enjoying it, projectors are still supporting the format are really give the best experience of it.

It does seem a sad situation given 9/10 of last years top grossing theatrical releases were 3D released.
Because we are forced to watch Imax 3D for all of them.

Associate
Because we are forced to watch Imax 3D for all of them.

Your not forced to do anything, almost every 3D release has 2D showings that are available, but the 3D releases are still making a lot of money with audiences theatrically and it’s great to be able to see the films as the film makers intentions.

Soldato
I watched plenty of films at home that I really enjoyed in 3D and thought it was very well done.

Me too. I am disappointed with new TV's no longer being 3D compatible. At least my Sony HW40-ES will still be 3D, but I am looking for a new 4K TV, so maybe I should try to find a EX7 before the all disappear.

Soldato
Tried it once, everyone looked stupid wearing the glasses.
you're not the first person I've heard/seen say that....never understood the logic. if i'm in the cinema, i'm there to watch the film, not the other people in the cinema. if i'm at home, well i'm at home and I don't really give a toss what I look like when laying on the sofa at home!
maybe I've just always been lucky in that I don't give a fart how people view me.

Caporegime
you're not the first person I've heard/seen say that....never understood the logic. if i'm in the cinema, i'm there to watch the film, not the other people in the cinema. if i'm at home, well i'm at home and I don't really give a toss what I look like when laying on the sofa at home!
maybe I've just always been lucky in that I don't give a fart how people view me.

I think it was the social aspect of watching a movie that was lost. Everyone was sat essentially blinkered around the room and it felt quite unnatural.

Soldato
I think it was the social aspect of watching a movie that was lost. Everyone was sat essentially blinkered around the room and it felt quite unnatural.
really? again I never got the concept that watching a movie had a social aspect....sure once the movie was over everyone would chat and talk about what they'd watched, but at that point the glasses would have been off. again, and it's likely just me, if I'm watching a movie, that's exactly what i'm doing. I don't need nor want any interaction with anyone else sat round me watching it!!

Soldato
Your not forced to do anything, almost every 3D release has 2D showings that are available, but the 3D releases are still making a lot of money with audiences theatrically and it’s great to be able to see the films as the film makers intentions.
All the cinemas around me only show Imax along with 3D. So yes I am forced to watch 3d if I want to watch a film on a huge Imax screen.

Soldato
I'll take 2D by preference and I've not had problems getting availability locally. The dark days of 3D only from about 5 years ago are long gone.

Only movie I've not had an option for was Ready Player One last Wednesday, but that was a preview showing and in IMAX so it was OK. 2D is out this week.

Back
Top Bottom