3D printed gun stock (Rift/Vive and WMR)

Soldato
Found this superb modular gun stock on Thingiverse.

Took a couple of days to print all the parts but I am very pleased with the end result.

Very customisable and can be extended by printing more or rail part 2.

Just finished printing off the magnetic versions of the controller holders so will be easier to reload in certain titles.

lAkGhmZ.jpg
oeyYvvy.jpg

Soldato
That's the same one I made.
It does make a difference in accuracy, though after getting a protube, there's no comparison in terms of adjustability, solidity and comfort. You'd bloody well hope so for the price :D

Still, it's waaaay better than having no stock and it's always satisfying to make your own stuff :)

Soldato
OP
It does make a difference in accuracy, though after getting a protube, there's no comparison in terms of adjustability, solidity and comfort. You'd bloody well hope so for the price :D

Still, it's waaaay better than having no stock and it's always satisfying to make your own stuff :)
Did you use the magnet mod?

Its really well designed and there are shotgun add-ons which I have yet to print.

Love the way its held together with its own plastic pegs.

Soldato
I used it briefly. Wasn't a big fan, and actually preferred slipping the front controller in and out of the cup.
The issue is that there's no physical 'guide' or 'holder' if that makes sense? The cup relies purely on the magnets to find it's place.
I would've liked it to have a bigger shoulder stock which I see he's added for sale on his site.

Yeah, the way it slots and locks together is very well done, even if it is a bit creaky in use.
The shotgun rail looks like it could be fun if it slides right and matches up to in game shotguns.

Soldato

How long did it take you to get used to the protube?
Got one back in the summer and am still not 100% happy:(

Soldato
How long did it take you to get used to the protube?
Got one back in the summer and am still not 100% happy:(
A couple of hours to get it in a postion I liked, and maybe a few days to get properly locked in.
I think the biggest adjustment from the printed one was getting my muscle memory used to how the magnetic cups work on the protube.

What's bothering you with yours?

Associate
Yup I love my protube now I'm used to it

Took a few play sessions to get it feeling natural but now it's great and use it with all shooters like Wardust and Standout

Soldato
A couple of hours to get it in a postion I liked, and maybe a few days to get properly locked in.
I think the biggest adjustment from the printed one was getting my muscle memory used to how the magnetic cups work on the protube.

What's bothering you with yours?
I am having trouble inserting a mag and reloading with a few different guns
Maybe i need to practice more?
It is only for `fun`not online gaming matches

Soldato
0IJ0PJw.jpg

I made this at work, it works great in Contractors, absolute perfection. It works in Pavlov but is uncomfortable to reload as I've not added a strap. Onward as only certain weapons fit and looking down the scope is made overly difficult by the HMD being too close to rest at the backend of the stock, maybe I can reposition in game I haven't looked.

Being constructed from solid steel tube and plate 2mm Zintec gives It a good weight, not a million miles away from an actual riffle, which adds to the immersion. The cups hold nice and firm and have good retraction as they're lined with stiff plastic foam. It could have been magnets, or a retractable push holding pin, I considered both.

What has me super interested today is the natural locomotion software. Arm swinging has it merits for immersion purposes, it works great in chase sequences like in LA Noire, or belting you to a pulp in Sprint Vector, I am a fan in certain application. Obviously though while running with you arms would give you a sense of urgency, it's imposable if your packing a weapon mount.

Today they introduce feet tracking:

This has me stoked, it might up the game a little. My dilemma is do I go for the trackers, or repurpose my controllers and buy new ones. The difference is only £40 in doing so, and I have a new set of downs with controller longevity with mine being over 30 months old. The kicker is the new Knuckles controllers on the horizon, dilemma..

Back
Top Bottom