3d printing Show us your Prints.

Associate
To all that have 3d printers and made anything.
Show us your Creations.
Would be nice to see what people have made.

Currently im using a modded creality cr10s5 and 2 Duplicator d9 printers.

My Current Setup.

https://ibb.co/hVKKcK

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice prints and paint/weathering :) Btw, you know you can post the pics here by using the bb code tags?
Do you have a link to that Predator model?

As for me, I tend to make things I use, like this:

vhui.jpg

Saying that, I keep meaning to get around to having a go at an ED-209.

I use a self built D-Bot printer FWIW.

Soldato
Nice prints and paint/weathering :) Btw, you know you can post the pics here by using the bb code tags?

vhui.jpg

That is pretty cool, could do +hat as a business with different badges on.

Associate
OP

vhui.jpg

what do i do to get a direct image. ?? Great wheel btw.

Soldato
That is pretty cool, could do +hat as a business with different badges on.
Cheers.
I actually do have plans for something along those lines, but I'd be using CNC and other forms of printing as while this is fine for my own uses, I'd want far higher quality in something for sale.
what do i do to get a direct image. ??
Go to the embed code section and copy the BBcode. Paste those here in place of your links and you're done.

Soldato
So do people design these things and post them online for people with 3D printers to download and make stuff with?
Pretty much, yeah.
See, too much of 3d printed stuff looks unfinished to me. Looks like it needs a good going over with a sander.
Mine actually did have a good going over with a sander, hence the hatch marks.
Problem was that the material I was using was being a **** with the first layer and looked pretty rough to begin with.

While you can get very good results, it's not really meant to be rivaling something like injection molding.
Besides, while I could've sanded/filled and painted, I race in VR and couldn't really give a toss about how it looks.

Associate
OP
Cheers.
I actually do have plans for something along those lines, but I'd be using CNC and other forms of printing as while this is fine for my own uses, I'd want far higher quality in something for sale.

Go to the embed code section and copy the BBcode. Paste those here in place of your links and you're done.

Managed to sort it out thank you ;)

Man of Honour
See, too much of 3d printed stuff looks unfinished to me. Looks like it needs a good going over with a sander.

Depends a lot on the printer and filament used as well - I sometimes if I can be bothered use a couple of layers of finishing and clear/gloss coat depending on use but mostly I use mine to print out stuff like instrument panels, etc. (If you want a proper finish then there are a couple of different chemical baths that can be done as well to slightly "melt" the outside surface giving it a smoother finish and hiding any striations).

I did throw an old model I made from a very old video game through my 3D printer unedited just to see what it would come out like:

Fce27wx.jpg

Associate
OP
No probs :) Now tell me where you got that Predator model and also how much work you put into post processing, as the quality looks great.
That Han Solo pistol is quality too. Props to your paint skills.

The predator stl was purchased here. http://www.malix3design.com/2018/07/predator-3d-model-for-3d-printing.html Not done any post to the predator that's how it finished. using 0.2 layer height. when finished will have used about 4 kg of fillerment. so far i think it will take about 18 days printing to complete over multiple printers . i have only been 3d printing and painting for about 3 months. youtube is a great place for learning anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see. I guess it's easier to get more detail when the model is huge. Great stuff.
You've really dived into it with 3 printers in 3 months and got excellent results.

Sweet taste in movies/comics too :D Got any Robocop prints planned or done?

Associate
OP
I see. I guess it's easier to get more detail when the model is huge. Great stuff.
You've really dived into it with 3 printers in 3 months and got excellent results.

Sweet taste in movies/comics too :D Got any Robocop prints planned or done?

Thank you. i plan on doing a mk3 iron man costume after this predator is finished.
got nothing on robocop but would be nice to try something out.
https://www.nikkoindustries.com/product-page/iron-man-mk3-with-battle-damage-and-tech-chest

from there

Back
Top Bottom