3d printing Show us your Prints.

Don
I'm not biting and shant google that......

maybe :D

OOI is there a 3d print of a 2017 macbook pro keyboard switch/scissor thingy? that would make me click the buy it now button immediately!

Soldato
I've finished printing the openRC F1 can on my Monoprice Select Plus. That includes the tires! I am super impressed with them. I just started painting it.

20180919_183711.jpg

Man of Honour
Expected your setup to be four figures for some reason.

I now need to find a way to not buy one on a whim....

Prices have come down a lot recently - even for the pre-assembled ready to print out the box ones - I bought a couple of Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer v2 for £189 and £164 each - having only 120x120x120mm build volume is a down side but they pretty much print anything (that fits) no fuss.

Man of Honour
Which printer would people recommend? I am particularly interested in the RC side of things. Don't have a set budget really but ideally not more than a few hundred. Thank you

Soldato
Which printer would people recommend? I am particularly interested in the RC side of things. Don't have a set budget really but ideally not more than a few hundred. Thank you

I got into this for printing parts for quadcopters and first i went for a mini printer which was fine but not great and have swapped to a creality ender 3 and could not be happier. Prints petg and flexible such as tpu without any issues which is what you need for rc.

Man of Honour
I got into this for printing parts for quadcopters and first i went for a mini printer which was fine but not great and have swapped to a creality ender 3 and could not be happier. Prints petg and flexible such as tpu without any issues which is what you need for rc.

Thanks. Wow that looks like great value. Does that come with software? If not what is needed? Anything else you need to get up and running other than the plastics?

Soldato
Thanks. Wow that looks like great value. Does that come with software? If not what is needed? Anything else you need to get up and running other than the plastics?

Mine worked fine fine off the bat though if you google around there are recommended upgrades to buy fairly cheap such as a new bowden tube(recommended, i bought just cheap ptfe tube off ebay and it was an improvement) and a lot of usefull extras you can print off for it. If you want to print over usb download repetier host and if you want to print from sd cardss(best method) download a slicer like CURA).

Man of Honour

If you are using it for anything serious RC wise especially if it is going to be used outside with possible conditions of heat, wet or lots of vibration, etc. then make sure you research the material to use - bog standard PLA really doesn't stand upto that kind of environment very well.

Caporegime
Mainly been printing server parts (brackets and ducts), got no images of those so have a screw thread instead:

X5lq5h5.jpg

I have however started a project to convert Landrover Defender 4x4 toy into a capable rockcrawler.

Back
Top Bottom