3D TV troubles

Associate
so I have acquired a few 3D films on a penstick and have tried to play them through my tv which is 3D and had the glasses paired as well but it doesn’t seem to work,
When playing it just looks like the film is being played dual screen half and half side by side.
Is it possible to view these films in 3D?
I’ve tried in my 3D Blu-ray player and get the same result

Associate
OP
Thanks I’ve found the setting and changed it, doesn’t seem to be that 3D maybe not a good quality file type might have to look for another one

Man of Honour
Spend a fiver on a s/h 3D Blu-ray from CEX or Cash Convertors or some other source for used BDs. Play it on the 3D compatible BD player. If that works, then the issue with the files is either the way the film has been ripped or that the TV doesn't recognise the file format as one that supports 3D.

Associate
OP
I already have a 3D Blu-ray player which I tried but was just side by side again,do these players auto detect the 3D and play it or do you still have to go into 3D mode on the tv? I’ll try again tomorrow, tried with toy story today I’ll give Spider-Man a shot tomorrow!

Man of Honour
I know you have a Blu-ray player; you said so in a previous post. I am talking about a 3D Blu-ray DISC. You know, a genuine, real, authentic, honest-to-goodness, pukka 3D Blu-ray movie that you put in your Blu-ray player to test that your system work properly.

You haven't said that you have tried this. As it stands right now, and based solely on what you've written, because that's all we here can go off, then so far we have no idea whether your system works correctly when there's a known good signal in place, so it's impossible to figure out why your system doesn't work when the source is some spurious HD(?) 3D movie files that have come from God-knows-where. It's basic troubleshooting 101: Check the simple stuff first. Do that.

Come back to us once you've established that everything works okay with a genuine 3D Blu-ray movie DISC, then you should check the user manual about file formats that the TV will support in 3D and whether the files you have acquired are in fact compatible.

Back
Top Bottom