• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time Spy Standard DX 12 Bench.

Associate
My i7 4790k was scoring 4.9k points last time I benched, but dropped 400 points in my last score above, although my overall score was higher. No idea why....

EDIT: Re-ran the test with everything closed in the background, and also bumped my memory up another 50Mhz.

Anyway here's my new new score. I could prob get a bit more with a more refined tweak and putting the CPU higher but happy with this, since it's the highest GPU score for a 1060 on the list as far as I can see (and beat's all those RX480 GPU scores too! lol) :D

GPU - 1060 6GB - Core 2139MHz/Memory 2400MHz
CPU - i7-4790K @ 4.5Ghz
Driver - 376.33

Score - 4791
Graphics Score - 4763
CPU Score - 4963

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16714468

Last edited:
Associate

Hey Kaap, i saw a YT video with someone talking about disabling Tessellation in the driver settings for getting a better score in 3DMark.. is this frowned upon or is this something people do all the time? I've never done this, i only change Texture Quality to Performance, im just curious about it but also being told my 1400 Core clock score on my 480 seems a little low, it makes me wonder now..

What are your thoughts on this?

Man of Honour
OP
Hey Kaap, i saw a YT video with someone talking about disabling Tessellation in the driver settings for getting a better score in 3DMark.. is this frowned upon or is this something people do all the time? I've never done this, i only change Texture Quality to Performance, im just curious about it but also being told my 1400 Core clock score on my 480 seems a little low, it makes me wonder now..

What are your thoughts on this?

Any tampering with drivers is frowned upon and not allowed.

This is Futuremarks view and most people agree with it.

Last edited:
Associate
Any tampering with drivers is frowned upon and not allowed.

This is Futuremarks view and most people agree with it.

Thanks for the confirmation.. i see some really high scores on the Futuremark website so it makes me wonder if this is being done, i guess they need to have something in place that shows if Tessellation has been disabled or adjusted in each bench that is ran..

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom