3DS outsells all sony devices combined...

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I'm suprised 3DS is doing so well, Its just a DS with added Fad.

Can't believe you would call 3d a fad, 3d is awesome I could watch Closer to the Edge or Cars 2 in 3d all day. 3d gaming has a lot of potential imo, it's not perfect atm but surely will be perfected. 3D can be stunning!!!!

Soldato
The only two reasons I haven't bought a vita yet are the battery life and complete lack of any games I actually want. I expect many people are the same.

It's a shame as the Vita is a really nice piece of kit, had a little play with one in GAME (RIP) and the hardware was magnificent.

Soldato
Can't believe you would call 3d a fad, 3d is awesome I could watch Closer to the Edge or Cars 2 in 3d all day. 3d gaming has a lot of potential imo, it's not perfect atm but surely will be perfected. 3D can be stunning!!!!

Agreed, 3D can be stunning, as can 3D gaming. PS3 look fantastic(wipeout), so does a proper Nvidia setup.

Yet, 3DS is a fad. Its DS with added depth....Great

Last edited:
Soldato
The only people really interested in handheld gaming devices these days are kids. Adults sadly just play **** games on phones and pads as time killers instead of carrying another item.

Nintendo have targeted their audience with perfection.

exactly, and im buggered if im giving my 9 year old £200+ bits of kit to drop! :cool:

Associate
they're not -that- differently priced. i think the vita is a better piece of hardware, but it's always about the games isn't it? that and loyal fans (which is a concept i never understood...)

Man of Honour
I'm a loyal Nintendo fan, because I really enjoy their core franchises. As a result I will buy all their consoles at launch. Makes sense to me.

Caporegime
Tbh I can't understand why Sony commissioned the vita, Nintendo have it pretty wrapped up with mobiles taking the non console hand held market.

Nintendo have it due to the games, kids don't want vita games and very few adults want a hand held that costs more than a console when they have a phone that costs more subsidised by contracts

Again, can't see how Sony thought the vita would work, to non techy people the 3ds has a 3d gimmick, but the vita hasn't got that. It hasn't got the games, it appears worse than the 3ds but newer, who really cares about the internals on a handheld? Not the target audience of a handheld! That, I think, is a big problem

I have a ds just for a few games I adore
I have an xbox, new this week, for a few games
Neither I will play on line

I have never liked Sony gaming, no decent exclusive titles.

Caporegime
Guess I should have elaborated a bit more

I prefer the xbox exclusive games, to the playstation ones. Also never got on with the playstation controllers, makes the console unusable for me. Even though the hardware is better

Soldato
I'm shocked the psp is selling more than the vita!

I'd say seeing as the 3DS has been out for a year I'd expect it to sell well now it's got a few Mario games ect.. The vita does indeed need a second wave of games, I can't wait for Metal Gear HD collection.

Soldato
Probably shouldn't admit it but I'd rather use my iPhone for gaming, battery lasts longer, it's smaller and whilst the lack of proper controls can be a pain it's outweighed by the variety and price of games. A typical iOS game might not be deep but I have a PC and the "full" consoles for that experience. I can't justify the price of Vita games for what are mostly just PS3-lite games that I'd barely s****e double-figure hours of playtime with.

I think I'll be selling mine soon, the technology is impressive but I think I'll settle for my iPhone and just dig out the PSP every so often with the games I've already got.

Associate
I'm a loyal Nintendo fan, because I really enjoy their core franchises. As a result I will buy all their consoles at launch. Makes sense to me.

It will be interesting if the Wii U is the only next gen"cough cough" console that will allow preowned game sales by the rumor of sony and microsofts next offerings it any thing to go by. There rumors so pack some salt ;).

Caporegime
Agreed, 3D can be stunning, as can 3D gaming. PS3 look fantastic(wipeout), so does a proper Nvidia setup.

Yet, 3DS is a fad. Its DS with added depth....Great

The hardware is supposedly more powerful than the Wii so calling it a DS with added depth is a tad silly imo. I'm ****ed off at Nintendo for not including a second analogue stick in their original design though. :mad:

Soldato
Even with the bad press over the 3D-headaches people have been getting, I'm surprised the 3DS is doing so well, there's only 3 games worth getting for it anyways

Sonic Generations
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D.

And yes, it is just a DSi with added "fad"

3D isn't going to become the standard for ages, it's just a gimmick used to sell stuff, honestly, seeing a movie in 3D is not worth the £3 extra they charge you

Caporegime
Nintendo were never going to completely redesign the whole chassis if that's what you're referring to when you say it's basically a DSi with added 3D. The hardware is completely different, a completely different generation of handheld and while Nintendo should have put the second stick in to begin with, they've at least noted that and brought out the additional circle pad attachment which also adds a few extra buttons as well as making the console a bit nicer to hold.

You don't see people calling the Vita a PSP with a touch screen and a second analogue stick.

Back
Top Bottom