3DS outsells all sony devices combined...

Caporegime
...Thats exactly what I'd call it, hence why I bought a 3DS.

What games can you actually use that second stick with on the 3DS?

But... it isn't!

Err... Resi Evil Revelations springs to mind, Snake Eater, Kid Icarus, no doubt you can use it on Mario World, I'm probably missing a few others too, been awake for like 22 hours and I'm super tired. :p

Caporegime
I've always refered to it as a PSP Vita lol

Regardless of hardware etc.... it looks like the old PSP, Just like the 3DS looks like a DSi...with added "fad"

Alright now I get where you're coming from! :)

I just get a bit annoyed when people assume the 3DS is basically the innards of the old DS just with a 3D effect tacked on top when it isn't true.

Soldato
Alright now I get where you're coming from! :)

I just get a bit annoyed when people assume the 3DS is basically the innards of the old DS just with a 3D effect tacked on top when it isn't true.

Not even the DSi is the innards of the original DS lol like you said, hardware-wise, they're not even comparable

Soldato
The hardware is supposedly more powerful than the Wii so calling it a DS with added depth is a tad silly imo. I'm ****ed off at Nintendo for not including a second analogue stick in their original design though. :mad:

I still see it as that though... The 3DS is akin to 3D on PC, when the game doesnt support 3D officially. I don't know if you've experienced it, but all the software does is make it look like you're looking out through a window.

3DS to me is a lot like those 3D Fishtanks you used to beable to buy as a child, Where you pressed a button to make the fish fly around inside.

It just feels extremely fad like, They saw 3D was selling on TVs, and that fullsized consoles were implementing it well. So they brought it to a handheld, and in a way that just doesnt justify an upgrade from a DS. Obviously there's little choice though, as games are coming out for the 3DS only :p

I am aware that the console is more than a DS with tacked on 3D, I should just point out, I just wish they hadnt bothered with the 3D. DS-Advanced would have done me. A 3DS without the 3D. :p

Also, It makes my head hurt. Which is wierd as the other types of 3D out there dont, I can only think its a combination of size+3D.

So just to clarify, my problem isnt with the games, or the power of the 3DS. It's the way the 3D was done, I feel it should just have been left off.

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be honest I agree with you, I always turn the 3D slider to the off position because it just makes the games either look really watery, or really pop-out-book-y. I hear that Mario World actually makes use of the depth properly though, but I can see the 3D feature as only being an addition to the gameplay in first party titles, and being a tacked on afterthought in virtually every other title.

Soldato
Never been into Zelda, but I look forward to getting addicted to Pokemon 3D lol.

So glad the 3DS has a 3D slider, sometimes playing Sonic Generations with the 3D on just feels weird

Soldato
That chart really doesn't surprise me. To reiterate some other sentiments in this thread, I really do not understand what the Vita is for/what it was hoping to achieve. Really, really bad decision from the King of bad decisions - Sony.

Soldato
Have you played one BunnySkillBot?

I have to be honest, It seems they achieved a great deal. The touchscreen works great, I was ever the cynic when I spotted the early Uncharted demos when it was being used to climb. but I find I use it very often, mapping routes, etc.

I personally feel the only problem with the Vita, is the fact its expensive. They most definitely achieved what they set out to do though, It's near enough PS3 graphics on a handheld. I can't find the £160 price mentioned early. Cheapest I've found £190. So that's still too expensive for me.

Soldato
Is it just me or is console/portable gaming getting stale now? it's very rare that something like MW, Angry Birds or.....Pokemon comes along and shakes things up as much as those titles did.

Maybe it's just me but retro gaming is where it's at, I just got Space Invaders and Pinball on my iPad.

Everything recently just seems like <insert popular title> 2 or 3 or 5! When are we going to see a game that isn't a sequal released that gains the same popularity of any of the games mentioned in this post?

Soldato
I agree Jay. All big titles now that have really done well have been the 2nd or 3rd game.

But I have my hopes up for Last of Us and especially Gravity Rush for the vita.

Man of Honour
Is it just me or is console/portable gaming getting stale now? it's very rare that something like MW, Angry Birds or.....Pokemon comes along and shakes things up as much as those titles did.

Maybe it's just me but retro gaming is where it's at, I just got Space Invaders and Pinball on my iPad.

Everything recently just seems like <insert popular title> 2 or 3 or 5! When are we going to see a game that isn't a sequal released that gains the same popularity of any of the games mentioned in this post?

Games cost too much to take the risk nowadays unfortunately. There seem to be quite a few great indie/PSN/XBLA gems regularly popping up though that are great to play like Motorstorm RC, Journey, We are cubes etc.

Soldato
So just to clarify, my problem isnt with the games, or the power of the 3DS. It's the way the 3D was done, I feel it should just have been left off.

Just turn it off then.

Some games work better with 3D than others. On the PS3, I think batman AC looks really good in 3D. In Gran Turismo 5, I just don't like it for various reasons so I don't use it

Soldato
Well yeah I could turn it off...And I would

I guess my point is there should be a version without it. As no doubt it would be much cheaper to produce and therefore buy.

Also 3D on 3DS is nothing like it is on PS3, or PC when the games support it. I have no problems with those 3D implementations

Back
Top Bottom