4 year upgrade itch

Soldato
The wraith stealth may just about manage for 4k gaming loads as the gpu will be the limiting factor, but it is a small cooler at the end of the day, and 8 core ryzens can put out a lot of heat. Might be worth keeping an eye on the temperatures. If the fan is loud all the time or temps are getting high would be worth upgrading.

Something like an arctic freezer a35 is reasonably priced and might be worth looking at if the wraith stealth isn't up to the job. Will get more performance out of the cpu if it's not thermally throttled as well as being quieter for not much more money.

Soldato
OP
Just updated the BIOS with version 7C02v1H dated 07/06/2022 which is always a nervous thing to do in case of power cut. So my MSI Tomahawk B450 should now be ready for the Ryzen 7 5700x.

Soldato
OP
Well my CPU and GPU were supposedly delivered this morning but I haven’t got them. Ordered from a competitor anyway so not down to ocUK.

Competitor want me to wait until Wednesday before replacing or refund. They also said that the delivery man might have scanned them as delivered but were unable to deliver and will reattempt delivery tomorrow.

Surely if that were the case they would have left something in my letterbox. I’ve got to wait in tomorrow just in case.

Maybe one of my neighbors is a thief that would not surprise me about 14 years ago I had a parcel opened and the contents placed under the stairs. It was a TV card so obviously no use to them.

Luckily I found it and it was all intact. Good thing is the competitor customer service is exemplary so I have no worries about losing out.

Soldato
OP
Well it’s all up and running. Had to remove a drive bay to fit the 6750XT and it was a pain install the CPU cooler without removing the motherboard. I've only reconnected my 8TB hard drive and not my 1TB hard drive or 256GB SATA SSD.

Plenty of room on my 1.92TB NVme and 8TB Hard Drive.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm also nearing the 4 year upgrade itch, and the way things are --- I'll be waiting for the new CPUs and GPUs from the triarchy (Intel, AMD, and nVidia) and will be building a new unit entirely.

Back
Top Bottom