£400-£500 monitor recommendations...

Associate
Hi folks, new system built - MSI GTX970 card in there.

I've got 2 X Dell 24" Ultrasharp panels on DVI at the moment. Looking for a centre panel 30"+, with the Dells in portrait either side.

Going to be a home worker and the company will cough up £500 for any office equipment I need. I can never have enough screen real estate, but I'd like something that performs well in terms of response times for casual gaming on the centre monitor only.

Just after people's thoughts on what type of panel I should go for on that budget, and whether the GFX will drive display port and the 2 X DVI for desktop work?

Associate
If its for office use i would go for an IPS panel. However i use my TN for office use and its fine. I cannot recommend G-sync enough if you enjoy gaming to be butter smooth. the 970 will drive a G-sync 1440p panel very nicely. Personally i have the 27" dell G-sync model and for gaming its amazing. for office work its also "fine" however if your fussy with colour shift go IPS

Associate
If that were me i'd go for the Asus Rog Swift especially as you have a Nvidia GPU to take advantage of G-sync for gaming, it will certainly be fantastic for gaming with a response time of 1ms. If you shop around you should get one for your budget, i think they are currently £550 ish on here.

Back
Top Bottom