£400 to spend on a handset, but which one?

Soldato
Hi Guys

I've had the Nexus 5x which I really liked, move to the Samsung S8 but struggle with the retina scanner working (might be my eye colour I've read), bio reader is a pain to reach around for all the time and I'm not sold on the curved edges :(

I love the speed and camera quality and screen but what can I get for something in the £400/£450 mark range..

Many thanks in advance

M

Last edited:
Soldato
if you don't care about camera then prob 5T. if you do, then Pixel XL.

also LG G6 can be had quite cheap, but yes, bit older SoC.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, OP5T looks good but poor reports on the camera, is that just software or is it hardware related, loving the OLED screen and 8gb of ram on that though

Pixel looks nice, can this be had new for £400 as the Google store only shows the 2 version...

Not a massive fan of LG handsets for some reason...

Any others that spring to mind?

Last edited:
Soldato
How about the Honor 9? £379.99

Great camera and Oreo update has just dropped in the Far East and will make its way over here shorly.

Soldato
OP
after looking at some reviews the P10 camera looks very impressive, I do tend to take a lot of shots of the children, and am a heavy user of the S8 camera, my wife relies on me to take the best photos.....

Soldato
I'm afraid I can't tell you how the P10 is as it's an Xmas present. I will say I have been very happy with Huawei phones, had the Nexus they did and then this P9.

Soldato
Yeah, that's the one. Battery wasn't the best, but then I hammered it as a mobile gaming device and often played for hours with it charging.

Back
Top Bottom