£400 UW 34“ monitor that's decent?

Soldato
I've just sent back an 43" Acer monitor which was ridiculous but faulty, and genuinely a bit tiring to use!

On reflection a curved 34" UltraWide is probably a better bet from a usage perspective.

I mainly do document review, and some gaming.

Is there any screen that fits the bill?

Soldato
Soldato
£400 really doesn't get you a lot in the UW monitor market.

I actually have a AW3418DW I havent turned on in a couple of months sitting in my bedroom I could let go of. What a waste.. should really put it up for sale..

Soldato
You're going to regret not going down the UW avenue :), I've had one for about 4 years and couldnt go back to a non UW monitor :)

Very right. Go ultrawide, and get a good one. You really won't look back as they're amazing compared to your traditional screens for everything IMO.

Soldato
No - I did. And then the comments here and the research I did subsequently persuaded me to change tack. Is that alright?

The monitor Dell you've chosen is fine and all, especially at £350, but I'm curious what research told you that UW was inferior? If it just comes down to price and you didn't feel your budget would stretch to the spec you wanted, that's fair enough.

Soldato
OP
The monitor Dell you've chosen is fine and all, especially at £350, but I'm curious what research told you that UW was inferior? If it just comes down to price and you didn't feel your budget would stretch to the spec you wanted, that's fair enough.
Pretty much exactly that.

I had hoped that a decent UW was in my price range - but in that price range there were too many compromises. My ideal set up would - I think - still be an UW, but with a much higher budget...

My Gfx1070 was also a limiting factor (that I failed to mention in the op)...

So really a better gpu would be part of a better set-up!

I *may* get some cheap small monitors to go either side of the Dell for when I want better scope for doc review, but we'll see.

Soldato
Pretty much exactly that.

I had hoped that a decent UW was in my price range - but in that price range there were too many compromises. My ideal set up would - I think - still be an UW, but with a much higher budget...

My Gfx1070 was also a limiting factor (that I failed to mention in the op)...

So really a better gpu would be part of a better set-up!

I *may* get some cheap small monitors to go either side of the Dell for when I want better scope for doc review, but we'll see.

Just go second hand. Wait for a good deal. I did it.

Soldato
The Acer Predator Z35P I bought was around £500 from OcUK back in october 2019, It was on sale at the time, not sure if it was EOL kind of sale but £500 for a 35" Gync 120hz 3440x1440p monitor, I wasn't going to let that slip by considering they were like over a grand when they came out.

Back
Top Bottom