• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4870 Problems - 'INF file not found', for one

Associate
Hi all.

I've seen people with similar problems to this - one of which i even found on a search of the forums - but i haven't found any 'real' solution. It'd be great if any of you lot could help me out.

Having major problem with my graphics drivers. Whenever i install any driver [be it 8.9, the Hotfix or the one i have on the boxed CD] in whatever form [be it just the driver or with the Catalyst Software Suite], after installation and upon the required restart [or even if i stop the prompted restart and then do it myself manually] my computer gets stuck after the Vista 'green bar' loading screen and then restarts itself [sometimes showing a BSOD]. It'll keep doing this over and over, forcing me to revert to an older setting through the Vista disc.

What happens during the installation of the 8.9 driver and the CD driver too is the installation running into a problem saying 'INF file not found'. Also, sometimes it might get stuck during a certain part of the installation that is called something like 'Microsoft 2005 C++ redistributable'.

I googled the 'INF' thingy but there's no 'real' solution as far as i can tell.

Solutions tried: uninstallation and reinstallation of drivers; uninstallation and reinstallation of Vista [followed by the first step].

Anyone got any ideas?

I'd rather not - since it's a bother - but does it look like i might have to RMA my card?

Thanks.

Soldato
used to happen to me a lot this. have you driver sweeped all the old drivers ?
try installling just the display driver then ccc, download 8.9 in 2 files driver and ccc from ati site. im sure thats how i got round it, all if fine now

Back
Top Bottom