1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

4A Games update Metro Exodus, new engine, Ray Tracing GPU now required

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Grim5, 15 Feb 2021.

1. Pottsey

Mobster

Not that it really matters but this is not the first game that requires ray tracing to run. Though I do believe its the first triple AAA game to require ray tracing as a minimum. There have been some indi games like Stay in the Light that are not only built with ray tracing as a minimum spec but also have ray tracing as a core part of the gameplay.

Stay in the Light – Ray Traced Horror (sunsidegames.com) Looks like it is now a free download?

2. 3t3P

Mobster

Exodus is a great game. I played it on my GTX 1080 but couldn't push the higher settings. Then got a 2080S and planned to play through it again but never did! I've done both DLCs now on the 3080 and will wait for this new version to come out and get 5fps with the 3080 lol

3. Janer64

Associate

Bought this game along with Redux for 20 euros in the Steam Xmas sale along with Control for 20e
    So I'm playing Control now and loving it and then I guess I'll play Redux and by the time I am done I should be ready for Metro Exodus in all it's glory.
    I <3 Gaming :D

4. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

I agree, the atmosphere just isn't the same. Still very good as you say.

I'll definitely give it another play after this update but having a 6800 XT I don't expect it to perform well.

5. jokerguv

Gangster

Might as well clearly state RTX 2080, 2080Ti, 3070 and 3080 as minimum requirement becuase outside of these, RT is just pants on this title anyway :p.

6. Gregster

Caporegime

Anyways, what are we doing playing games on our GPUs..... There is coin to be made :D :D

7. Th0nt

Capodecina

;)

8. sparkymark75

Mobster

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Releases May 6th :D

10. JohnG7

Perma Banned

This is free for owners of the original. :)

11. Wrinkly

Mobster

12. Nexus18

Capodecina

Looks great! And it runs better than the old gen version :eek:

AMD cards not doing too badly in ray tracing perf. either, was expecting them to buckle big time. Surprised they didn't show perf. with dlss on though.... DLSS 2.0/2.1 showing why it is better than native once again too.

13. hyperseven

Sgarrista

The game is included with the May HumbleBundle so the key markets will be flooded with cheap keys if you want to pick it up :)

14. Grim5

Sgarrista

And you can only run it if you have rayvtracing hardware and DX12.1

15. Th0nt

Capodecina

Am I the only one who thought of a box of kellogg's when absorbing this lol?

16. Wrinkly

Mobster

Because it's GRRREAT?

17. Th0nt

Capodecina

Its no porridge oats though.. :p

18. heartburnron

Mobster

Have you seen Stripperella? I can recommend if not, for a similar grinning experience... :D

19. Grim5

Sgarrista

In the FAQ released today for the new Metro Exodus upgrade, the developer put up an answer to a curious question

Will Metro Exodus be upgraded to support AMD's Super Resolution Feature?

tldr answer: No, AMD's Fidelity Super Resolution technique is incompatible with our game's rendering pipeline and from what we've seen Unreal Engine's existing TAA upscaler already offers the same image quality as Super Resolution.

https://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/news/the-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-arrives-may-6th/

20. Wrinkly

Mobster

No. I'm almost scared to google it ;)