4k monitor for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Soldato
Like Rossi says get yourself a 4K HDR tv instead.. HDR monitors are pretty poor in comparison.

Something like the Samsung 40" MU6400 would be a good choice.

Associate
The only reason i might consider a monitor over a t.v is the xbox one x supports free sync and as far as i'm aware there are no t.v's yet that have this feature, and if i was gonna buy a monitor i would consider this.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-dot-gaming-widescreen-monitor-mo-23e-sa.html

Mainly because i own a Samsung quantum dot t.v and the colors are really good and it has 1ms response like you wanted but no HDR and also because the quality control might be better than the crap other brands seem to churn out at the moment.

Soldato
The only reason i might consider a monitor over a t.v is the xbox one x supports free sync and as far as i'm aware there are no t.v's yet that have this feature, and if i was gonna buy a monitor i would consider this.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-dot-gaming-widescreen-monitor-mo-23e-sa.html

Mainly because i own a Samsung quantum dot t.v and the colors are really good and it has 1ms response like you wanted but no HDR and also because the quality control might be better than the crap other brands seem to churn out at the moment.

Hmm
Look HDR TV is better. The monitor you posted is not HDR.

Associate
Hmm
Look HDR TV is better. The monitor you posted is not HDR.

HDR??I think you missed my point entirely,I was just trying to give the OP something else to consider, If I was looking for something to use for my xbox one x in the future i would be looking for something that supports freesync and seeing as there is no HDR T.V's that support this then i would consider a monitor which does. And in my option i would take freesync over HDR if i had to choose between them as i think HDR is well over rated at this point in time.​

Associate
What about a smaller 4k HDR tv? would that not be an option? could go lower down to say 28 or 32 so its like a monitor?

Soldato
Make sure it has HDR otherwise you will ditch it within a year or so as HDR is coming to games sooner or later it will be mainstream & does make a big visual difference on games which support it.

Associate
Im Too in this muddle - I have my Xbox One X on Pre order - im rocking a RL2455HM and I love it, but I want to make the jump to 4K but some reviews state the HDR is more important than the actual 4K and others have said its not a DEAL breaker right now as not All games support it. I dont want to Spend £400 on a monitor to find I regret it not having HDR and have to go out and get another one when HDR becomes more main stream.. I play on a Monitor because I only have a Small desk in the corner of our living room because the wife and kids have the TV and I personally prefer a smaller screen so 24"-27" would just about be my limit.

I do have a PC with a R9 290 so It is capable of 4K and Freesync I don't game much on PC these days but the Xbox One X has Freesync so this is def a feature I want...

Associate
Im Too in this muddle - I have my Xbox One X on Pre order - im rocking a RL2455HM and I love it, but I want to make the jump to 4K but some reviews state the HDR is more important than the actual 4K and others have said its not a DEAL breaker right now as not All games support it. I dont want to Spend £400 on a monitor to find I regret it not having HDR and have to go out and get another one when HDR becomes more main stream.. I play on a Monitor because I only have a Small desk in the corner of our living room because the wife and kids have the TV and I personally prefer a smaller screen so 24"-27" would just about be my limit.

I do have a PC with a R9 290 so It is capable of 4K and Freesync I don't game much on PC these days but the Xbox One X has Freesync so this is def a feature I want...

So....Do i stick with my 1080P BenQ for now and wait before I get a 4K monitor, get one with full HDR10 support?

Associate
just picked up a 4k LG27ud88 last week in readiness for xbox1x . ps4pro games look really good on it especially Horizon zero dawn and destiny 2 . no HDR though booo

Associate
May I bump this?

I am a bit of a novice when looking for the technical in and outs of a monitor/tv and the like.

I also have an Xbox ONE X on order and want the best out of it possible. Budget of around £500.00. It would also be used for gaming via an MSI Gaming Laptop I have so ideally one to use for both.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm struggling! :(

Soldato
May I bump this?

I am a bit of a novice when looking for the technical in and outs of a monitor/tv and the like.

I also have an Xbox ONE X on order and want the best out of it possible. Budget of around £500.00. It would also be used for gaming via an MSI Gaming Laptop I have so ideally one to use for both.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm struggling! :(

Wasabi Mango maybe.

Soldato
As title says basically

1ms if possible with HDR if possible too thanks

As for 4k splitters is there any that do 4k 60hz?

a) If you dont want to have issues, NO SPLITTERS, get monitor with 2 HDMI 2.0b slots.
b) there is no such thing 1ms HDR monitor. That thing is a unicorn. 1ms monitors at TN panels only.
c) There are no true HDR10 monitors with Freesync or Gsync (or without). Just gimmicks. Next year some time around Q3 there are some 28" 4K monitors costing around £1200-1500.
d) You need big monitor like 32-40 inches, pointless to squeeze to 28".
e) Imho better investment for HDR 10 quality gaming is the LG OLED 55B7V. Atm is at £1800 range, but soon it will be on sale at around £1500.
Is proper TV. Personally using the 55KS7000 with the PS4Pro and cannot beat the immersion of the sheer size. And going to sell it and replace it with the 55B7 around christmas this year for true HDR and OLED.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom