4k Monitor for use as both PC and PS4 pro

Associate
I'm looking to finally get a half decent monitor for a change and I want to be able to switch it for use between my PC and my PS4 Pro. Right now I have a Korean 1440p monitor for my pc which only has one input so I can't use that, and an old 1200p monitor I use for my consoles. I don't have room for a full size TV to use for my consoles so I think the best solution is to spend more on a single monitor solution.

Right now my PC is running a 4770k @ 4.4Ghz and a 980ti so I'm probably going to be running newer games at 1440p but I figure I may aswell future proof myself with a 4k monitor and also be able to use it for my PS4 Pro.

Here is where I would like some advice: I keep reading about how awesome GSync and 144Hz monitors are, but I'm using an X-Star DP2710 Korean monitor which doesn't have either of those and I've never felt like I've been missing out. I don't really know much about monitors so I don't know what things are worth spending extra for and which aren't.

I also know that HDR is a big thing for consoles so I think that is probably my main priority if possible although I'm aware it is probably not possible.

I'm aware that there are a couple of Acer/Asus monitors coming in the future with 4k, Gsync, 144Hz AND HDR but looking at the price they're going to be well above £1000 and I'm not really interested in spending that much.

So really what I'm looking for is a good 4k monitor, ideally with HDR and then whatever other benefits you guys think would be appropriate.

I've seen the LG 27UD69P-W which is an IPS display, Freesync and from what I can see is compatible with the PS4 Pro based on this website. Is it any good at all or are there better options? I've also seen the Asus VP28UQG which also looks to be not only cheaper but also runs at 99Hz.

Can anyone give me some advice, please?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom