4k2k Display with NVIDIA® G-SYNC - Acer XB280HK

Caporegime
Am I glad I dropped my pre order on this and got a swift.

Feel sorry for you guys still waiting, Acer have really dropped the ball on this one :(

Same here Paul. I really do sympathise with those who pre-ordered and Acer will have them out soon but I would be raging if I hadn't jumped on tge Swift.

Associate
Just noticed the eta date on a competitor site has changed today to the 28th of November. If this is the case, I'll be seriously annoyed. Can ocuk please provide an update as soon as they have one

Associate
Just noticed the eta date on a competitor site has changed today to the 28th of November. If this is the case, I'll be seriously annoyed. Can ocuk please provide an update as soon as they have one

Hi there

Just came of the phone with Acer and the goods are in the air now. They will land in Holland end of this week. They shall then be re-packed with UK plugs and then a truck arranged to get them into the UK.

Acer are saying November 11-14th into our warehouse. We apologising for delays but this is how it is unfortunately.

Not the best news but at least they are coming. :)

P.S. XB270HA model could be here as early as next week however.

Associate
Thought I would resurrect this thread as I got a dispatch note to say mine is on it's way.

Guess I won't buy the Philips after all unless this has dead pixels :)

Associate
Looks a decent monitor and good all round performer, but unless you have x2 980s, I'm not sure I see the point.

Well I'm about to find out what a 780Ti feels like running it.

If it's not for me it can go back but to be honest barring any pixel and backlight defects I'm confident I'll be keeping it :)

Arrives Monday so I will post thoughts Monday night/Tuesday.

Sure others will be along to post their points too

Associate
Happy with mine, all games I've tried so far (mainly GW2, Elite Dangerous, WoT and BF4) can hold 60fps most of the time on my PC.

One small issue - there is a small black row at the top of the screen, maybe 10 pixels high (which isn't much on 4k), and above that is what looks like a single row of pixels which wraps round from the bottom of the screen. This happens on the Windows desktop and in games. There is no way in the OSD (or the NV control panel) that I can find to adjust the screen size or position. Any ideas please?

Associate
What cpu/gpu are you running Andy to get that performance. When you are getting drops below 60fps is the GSync working well?
It's a 4790 @ 4.6GHz. GSync working great yes, feels dead smooth at all times so far. NV 980GTX in dual SLI.

And, er, ignore my "problem" above - it's actually just a reflection from the bezel! Oops.

Associate
Haha, well glad to hear it's not a serious problem then :)

Hmm, I was kind of hoping you'd say SLI 970's rather than 980 as I'm really trying to convince myself that they will be sufficient for this monitor for the sake of my bank balance...

Associate
Just got mine plugged in -

Settings -

Contrast 50
Brightness 50
Colour Temp - normal - changed back to warm as I prefer this.
OD - extreme - change this back to normal. Extreme caused a strange after glow of green effect in ESO when moving the screen rapidly left to right
Gamma - Gaming

Just thrown up there

Off to try some games

ESO sat at 50-60FPS on my 780Ti with AA on. Some scenes did drop to 40 but that was particle heavy ones but the monitor still steamed through it effortlessly.

Loving it so far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom