• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4X MSI 7900 GTO Optimal Detect Results

Soldato
Hi,
Just recieved 4 MSI 7900 GTO's and I thought I would give them a quick test with the control panel to see how they faired with 'Detect Optimal' Obviously I'm aware they can be pushed further. I'm at work so I can't do any more with regard to OC at the moment.

Default is Core 650 Memory 660

Card 1 ---- Core 678 Memory 729
Card 2 ---- Core 691 Memory 756
Card 3 ---- Core 672 Memory 717
Card 4 ---- Core 692 Memory 757

I'm having the best 2 to play with SLI on my Badaxe tonight.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
HI there

Get them SLi'd m8 !!

We are selling these things in bucket loads, absolutely cracking card and no reports of any issues/faults either which is good news. :)

Maybe you could flash a couple to the GTX BIOS to see how it effects overclocks and performance too. ;)

Associate
Agree with the others.

Get to it man! :D

Out of interest, how come you purchased four? What are you going to do with the other two cards?

I will be recieving mine tomorrow. Will flash to GTX bios and post results! I still have my benchmarks from the XFX 7800GT SLI setup I had. Interested to see how this single card will compare.

If all goes well, I will purchasing another ASAP. If they still have some...

Gibbo, do you have many left?

Last edited:
Associate
Heatsinked said:
Agree with the others.

Get to it man! :D

Out of interest, how come you purchased four? What are you going to do with the other two cards?

I will be recieving mine tomorrow. Will flash to GTX bios and post results! I still have my benchmarks from the XFX 7800GT SLI setup I had. Interested to see how this single card will compare.

If all goes well, I will purchasing another ASAP. If they still have some...

Gibbo, do you have many left?
To hand pick the two best

Soldato
OP
Gibbo said:
HI there

Get them SLi'd m8 !!

We are selling these things in bucket loads, absolutely cracking card and no reports of any issues/faults either which is good news. :)

Maybe you could flash a couple to the GTX BIOS to see how it effects overclocks and performance too. ;)

Thats the plan m8.

If you can supply / give me a link for the GTX Bios I will update them and see how it effects performance.

Soldato
The Asgard said:
Just bought for some systems we are building up so I thought I would have a play and if there any good, keep 2.

just to clarify - you bought 4!!!!! how much spare change do you have!!! unless im totally mistaken and they have been bought with 'company funds' lol

Associate
The Asgard said:
Hi,
Just recieved 4 MSI 7900 GTO's and I thought I would give them a quick test with the control panel to see how they faired with 'Detect Optimal' Obviously I'm aware they can be pushed further. I'm at work so I can't do any more with regard to OC at the moment.

Default is Core 650 Memory 660

Card 1 ---- Core 678 Memory 729
Card 2 ---- Core 691 Memory 756
Card 3 ---- Core 672 Memory 717
Card 4 ---- Core 692 Memory 757

I'm having the best 2 to play with SLI on my Badaxe tonight.

...sorry new to all this...isn't the BadAxe a Cross-fire motherboard...forgive me if I'm doing something really stupid here, like the old "asking the stupid question that everyone else knows the answer too...." bit, but how are you running two SLi nVidia boards on an Intel D975XBX board...only asking because I'm about to order a new system, and have been troubled with the lack of choice of SLi boards to support SLi...want a Conroe 6600 based rig...thanks for listening (putting up with)... :D

Associate
I'll let Asgard answer that one lol.

I am unsure if the bios is a specific MSI or generic nVidia bios. But people appear to be having success with it.

Perhaps Gibbo or someone else can elaborate.

Associate
i'm haveing trouble with sli with my two. runs 3d mark 05 12256 ok i think ? can't see any artifacts but when i run two in game stutters like hell and black half circle at bottom off screen and yet used to run fine with 2x 7800gt think one off them is borked maybe , but will not have time to check properly till next week p.s typical a week after bought them they are on this week only :(

Associate
Almost certain that is a build / driver related issue. I had the same trouble with my 7800GT cards in SLI mode.

One rebuild and an updated driver install later, all was well :cool:

Make sure your using updated drivers and try re-installing them, as suggested by MeatLoaf.

Back
Top Bottom