£500-600 gaming pc. Realistic?

Associate
OP
Back again :D

So, most things have arrived that i have ordered (just graphics card to go) . Been following the instructions from everything supplied so far. However i currently have a 4 pin connector labelled 'Power' left over. This is from the case itself. 4 pin type thing with male oneside and female the other. Any ideas what im to do with this?! Sorry if my terminology is crap!

https://m.imgur.com/a/canUPXE
canUPXE

Caporegime
Back again :D

So, most things have arrived that i have ordered (just graphics card to go) . Been following the instructions from everything supplied so far. However i currently have a 4 pin connector labelled 'Power' left over. This is from the case itself. 4 pin type thing with male oneside and female the other. Any ideas what im to do with this?! Sorry if my terminology is crap!
If it’s from the case there should be a header on the motherboard where this goes. Check your manual.

Man of Honour
Yeah that's a fan controller.
Male and female connectors so you can daisy chain.
Though they, not needed as the mobo has enough fan connector - I'd use those instead

Caporegime
Misschief is a lass ;)
I do beg your pardon!? Confusion abound and has been for years now. There’s a Mischief who is a lady but she hasn’t posted in a while. Then there’s me, who was unaware of the username being so close to someone already registered. My name comes from an old character and global name on City of Heroes many, many years ago.

Associate
OP
Hey all!

So graphics card arrived today and plugged it in. Managing to boot into bios fine so done something right....

BUT, 2 things

1 - I used my mac (only computer available to me) to create a bootable usb. I cant seem to find this on the pc!

2 - No case fans are spinning at all (3 x front 1 x back) not sure if im missing something here. Theres a 4 pin molex which i have connected but not sure if another cable is to go into it?

Associate
Could Be the file format a MAC uses but I am not sure, regarding the case fans, if the molex is their power source are they connected properly? They can often be a real pain to connect correctly. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Associate
OP
I believe i posted pic of molex connector previously in thread. I put in the extension so i could connect to the MB but looks like maybe another connector that goes into them too?

Back
Top Bottom