£500-600 gaming pc. Realistic?

Associate
Had another look at the connectors you posted. not sure about the Molex to the 4 pin one. To me doesn't seem very useful if at all. Someone else might be more familiar. Using the 3,4 pins like the end of the last picture you posted onto the main board is your bet. each individual fan has a connector. How is this connected to the fan controller or motherboard?

Associate
OP
Sorry but I'm new to all this :)

Not aware of a fan controller (inexperienced).

There was a Sysfan adapter > 4 Pin molex. So I connected the Connecter to sysfan1 and then on the other end of it was a Connector to connect to the molex

Associate
OP
That makes more sense to me now. You need to connect a molex fan to that adapter you've used. That's should at least power up that particular fan. Perhaps one that says power?

The only molex connector i can find is the one with the grey label. It appears that perhaps another connector also goes into the same connector with grey label .

Associate
I think the confusion here is there are a few ways to connect fans up depending which they are. You need to trace back to each individual fan and identify the end of the cables for each one. That should give you an idea what we need to do to get them running

Edit: that connection isnt going to work I'd have thought as it goes back to the motherboard? The one labelled power might need connecting to the power supply cable instead of the adaptor

Associate
OP
all fan cables front and back appear to head up the top front of the case to what appears to state fan control on buttons on top of the case. When tracing the cables back down you come to the molex connection with the grey label?

Sorry I know doing this blind doesn't help you at all lol. Any helps appreciated

Associate
With what you've told me. I'd plug that silver labelled molex directly into the power supply cables. And disconnect it from that adapter. The female end of the power connector should connect straight into the molex Male on the power supply cable. Dont connect to the motherboard when you're plugging the power supply into it.

Edit: dont worry we're getting there lol.

Associate
OP
With what you've told me. I'd plug that silver labelled molex directly into the power supply cables. And disconnect it from that adapter. The female end of the power connector should connect straight into the molex Male on the power supply cable. Dont connect to the motherboard when you're plugging the power supply into it.

Edit: dont worry we're getting there lol.

Ok so run cable from psu to grey labelled molex and disconnect for MB. Am I reading that correct?

Associate
And just like that, It's lit up and looks oh so pretty! :D
Excellent! Glad it's worked. Sometimes the more budget oriented fans that come with PC cases etc. Have multiple ways to power them and so on, to suit the budget use case. However for people who havent worked with PCs so much it can be even more confusing.

We got there is all that matters. And all by yourself. Good start. May you keep it up!

Associate
Regarding OS, I am unfamiliar with MAC OS personally. I would have thought there is a different file format perhaps. Causing you to not read it on a windows pc. Is it not possible for a friend or family member witha windows 10 pc create a media drive?

The issue could be something else entirely however.

Associate
OP
Just for it to not blow up on first boot was a miracle ha.

Back to windows, I created a bootable disk via boot camp utility on my mac following instructions but the pc doesn't see m to pick it up at all. Not sure what the crack is. lol

Associate
OP
U
Regarding OS, I am unfamiliar with MAC OS personally. I would have thought there is a different file format perhaps. Causing you to not read it on a windows pc. Is it not possible for a friend or family member witha windows 10 pc create a media drive?

The issue could be something else entirely however.

Unfortunately I have no immediate friends or family that would be able to assist with that unfortunately. Not sure if its something in Bios I'm missing to kick it up the arse or the drive I've created itself.

Back
Top Bottom