£500 at disposal for a Desktop PC

Associate
Anyway my pointis if you just spend that bit more you can have something spectacular that will last you a long time why go for things that will do now and maybe be mid range when you can spend that little bit more and get somethings which point towards the top an do an excelent job

Soldato
Off Topic:

As the O.P (simon22) was keen on "fragging" we have done a brief look at the gaming side of things and seen that the Intel® Core™ i3 has on average a slight 6.1% performance advantage in the selection of games used by Anandtech, still for the price premium you would expect something right? . . . interesting to see some games playing at the same FPS and one game running faster on the AMD® chip . . . .

Now in an effort to highlight why I think the Athlon™ II X4 makes a more suitable chip for a general-purpose machine I cherry picked a few MultiThreaded benches from the same Anandtech database that highlight the processing power advantage the AMD® Athlon™ II X4 offers! . . . . It seems when the heat really gets turned up then four real cores will pretty much always outperform a DualCore with HyperThreading! :)

simon22future.jpg

That's a pretty sigificant demonstration of how when used with Software that craves processing power the AMD® Athlon™ II X4 really delivers with a healthy 24.8% performance advantage . . . and the AMD® chip costs less? :D

So many people constantly under-estimate these Propus cores but from where I'm looking they seem to be such good value for money, play games great, deal with Multi-Threaded software great, very good platform interoperability, OverClock well, affordable . . . . what is not to like? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom