• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

560 Ti 2GB or 6950 for gaming and 3D

Associate
Building a PC at around Christmas time, and I am in need of assistance on which graphics card to get out of the:
MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC
OR
MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 2GB OC

Will be running with:
i7 2600k
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
8GB G-Skill RipjawsX
Corsair HX850

I will use it for mainly gaming (BF3, MW3, Skyrim, maybe SWTOR) and often 3d rendering and photoshop.

I'm pretty uneducated on this kind of thing so any help is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,

Joe.

Associate
Some games run better on ati some games run better on nvida systems purely because of how they were optimized. So while the 6950 should be a slightly quicker card it is obviously slightly more expensive and the 560tis are supposed to be good cards. There is obviously also things to consider such as drivers on ati/nvidia.....there are pros and cons for both and i think it comes down to the individual.

I am slightly byist as i just ordered the MSI 560ti 2gig version myself today, i am replaceing an ATI 5770 that has been in the system for a few years, before that i was nvida 8800gts....so i swap between both makes.

Both good cards so...

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies everyone :)
Think I'll go for the 560 Ti then, seems a bit cheaper too so that's a bonus.
Looks like it kills the 6950 on Luxball HDR too (Not sure EXACTLY what that is but I'm pretty sure it's 3D related).

Back
Top Bottom