5600x cooling what's good

Associate
Using the Corsair4000D case to have good airflow but using the stock cooler on this thing sometimes gives me a warning when booting up my PC of high temps so think i need something else. I was looking at AIO but never ventured into that area so I really have no clue what i would need, i just need something that is not going to break the bank, AIO or not whatever works.

Thanks.

Soldato
Similarly I've never ventured into water cooling but having just recently bought a 5600X (along with a Corsair 4000X case) I've been using a Corsair iCue H100i AIO solution and I have to say it's been great so far!

I have to caveat this with saying that it came pre-fitted because I bought a bundle off the forums and the guy I bought it from just left everything as-is within the case, but in all honesty it doesn't look too much more daunting than putting an air cooler on the CPU!

Soldato
Corsair 4000D has 170mm CPU clearance so no issues with height for almost all coolers, except possible issue with fan over RAM is RAM is too tall.

Hyper 212 is more than £30

Arctic Freezer 34 is £29.99. Link below shows several £30 or less here on OcUK. I suggest a 4x 6mm heatpipe single tower with 120mm fan because it give best value with decent cooling and noise levels. Other places have bigger selections of this size / style cooler, like ID-Cooling SE-224-XT £27.99.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/air-cooling/coolers/cpu?ckMin=1664&ckMax=3059&ckTab=0&sPage=1&sSort=4

Associate
OP
Here is a question, i currently run two GPUs inside my case, one is a Vega 56 the other is a 580, now if i spent extra and bought an AIO cooler, would it in any way help with temps for the GPUs? My thinking is heat would be transferred away from the centre of the case and heat directly sent out the top or where ever i would put the radiator, is that thinking logical?

Man of Honour
Here is a question, i currently run two GPUs inside my case, one is a Vega 56 the other is a 580, now if i spent extra and bought an AIO cooler, would it in any way help with temps for the GPUs? My thinking is heat would be transferred away from the centre of the case and heat directly sent out the top or where ever i would put the radiator, is that thinking logical?
Should help with air movement but so would just fans, having the 2 gpu's I would be tempted to put a fan on the Psu shroud.

4000d you may be able to buy a mesh front panel.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I went with the Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2 got it for £30. Working really well went from temps of around 60 to 70 down to in the low 30's to low 40's The only problem I have is the RGB not working I'm using a MAG B550 Tomahawk and got it in the JRGB2 slot, does it have to be in a specific way? the instructions don't explain anything at all.

Got it working, didn't plug it in right lol

Last edited:
Don
The only problem I have is the RGB not working I'm using a MAG B550 Tomahawk and got it in the JRGB2 slot, does it have to be in a specific way? the instructions don't explain anything at all.

Should just be a case of plugging it in. JRGB is the correct header, but needs to have Pin1 of the plug (normally arrowed) to pin1 on the motherboard.
If it has been plugged in the wrong way round (or into a JRainbow connector) it's possible it may have been damaged.

Back
Top Bottom