• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

560ti or wait for 660ti?

Associate
Need a new GPU soon, my 6870 is running to hot. If I don't put the fan speed up to 60% it runs on manual and reaches 89 degrees. Im thinking of treating myself to a new card and selling this on to a friend who will get it re-pasted.

Looking to go for Nvidia with 2GB of memory and at least 2 fans for OC. Should I go for a 560ti? And which one? or should I wait for a 660ti?

Soldato
Just out of interest, not many folk from round Aberdeen on here:)

Not too far from you, in Garthdee.

In which case It might be an idea to sit tight and see what Nvidia bring to the table, rumors suggest the GTX670 is going to be next on the green teams release schedule, couldn't possibly guesstimate the price, suppose it depends how it performs against the 580.

Do you have a budget? As shopping about 2nd hand you should be able to pick up a 1.5GB 580 for around the £200 mark.

Associate
OP
Just out of interest, not many folk from round Aberdeen on here:)

Not too far from you, in Garthdee.

In which case It might be an idea to sit tight and see what Nvidia bring to the table, rumors suggest the GTX670 is going to be next on the green teams release schedule, couldn't possibly guesstimate the price, suppose it depends how it performs against the 580.

Do you have a budget? As shopping about 2nd hand you should be able to pick up a 1.5GB 580 for around the £200 mark.

Awesome, I could but if I'm not mistaken the 580 can only run 1 monitor, the new 600series as far as I know can run multiple which is what I really need for doing coding and running a game engine all at once XD

Soldato
I was under the impression the 580 could run dual monitors but would require a 2nd card to run 3+ monitors?

How many monitors do you intend to be using?

Associate
OP
I think I will just wait and see what the 660ti brings, if it can run 2-3 monitors then I will get myself one, if not then I may trying doing some other things t get a 680 as I need this series for the process of making my game :p

Back
Top Bottom