• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

580 SLI 1.5GB vs GTX 590 3GB @1440p

Associate
Hey all,

I've had some crazy ideas zooming around since I havn't upgraded in a while, with the exception of my monitor.

I was trying to find some data to either push me into or back away from this crazy idea.

Which are better at 1440p?

Note I said better, not faster. As the 580s are TECHNICALLY faster.

Can you guys help me find some data to back this theory?

Thanks! :D

Soldato
Well ignoring the GTX580 being technically faster they would otherwise be identical. The GTX590 is SLI on a stick and thus only has 1.5GB available to each GPU.

I would not move from GTX580SLI to a GTX590 as all you will end up doing is losing performance.

Soldato
SLI 580 1.5GB SLI would be better as the GPU's on the 590 are slightly downclocked due to heat constraints.

As oweneades says: it's 1.5GB per GPU so other than these points they're otherwise identical.

Man of Honour
GTX 580 SLI = more performance and also very good for ocing

GTX 590 = 25% less performance, lower min FPS and ocing options are almost non existant (ask the swedes)

The only reason I can think of for having a GTX 590 is so you can put 2 in the same system and have quad SLI.

If you want better, faster, quieter get yourself a GTX 680.

Kaapstad (less than satisfied GTX 590 owner)

Back
Top Bottom