5800 still a good un?

Associate
Am looking to replace my tired W880i and fancy trying the Nokia 5800 as I would use it a lot for internet while at work.

Is it still worth the price tag or is there anything else to match it now?

Will be using a simplicity sim in it.

Permabanned
Yes the 5800 Is a fantastic phone for the price.

I have one and cant fault it one bit.

Internet is very good on this phone,one of the many reasons i bought it.

Soldato
It is the best-value handset on the market in my opinion.

Nokia have announced the next evolution of the 5800, the X6. However, Nokia haven't announced a launch date yet and it's likely to be a fair bit more expensive as it will come with an unlimited music package as standard.

Soldato
I got mine on PAYG for £160, really can't fault it at that price and some very tasty contract deals around too if you have a look. Infact I can confidently say it exceeded my expectations as I was originally a bit worried about how my sausage fingers would work with a touch phone but it's really good.

Soldato
Nokia have announced the next evolution of the 5800, the X6. However, Nokia haven't announced a launch date yet and it's likely to be a fair bit more expensive as it will come with an unlimited music package as standard.

Some very nice specs. 32GB internal storage, capacitive screen, 5mp carl zeiss camera, 16:9 screen. Do you know if it will run maemo? Hopefully itll be running a a competitive processor as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some very nice specs. 32GB internal storage, capacitive screen, 5mp carl zeiss camera, 16:9 screen. Do you know if it will run maemo? Hopefully itll be running a a competitive processor as well.

There are no phones announced other than the N900 that will run Maemo; Nokia intends for Symbian to remain their primary platform.

Back
Top Bottom