• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x won't boost past 4200mhz

Associate
So on default settings my 5800x says max in Ryzen Master is 4200mhz and won't boost past that.
If I try PBO in Ryzen Master it'll say max is 4800mhz but still not boost past 4200mhz.
If I use PBO2 it'll sometimes say in Ryzen master max boost is 5050mhz, But not boost past 4200mhz.
What the heck is going on.

Build
Asus Strix x570-e bios - 3001
32gb 3000mhz ram
RTX 3070
850w PSU
Cooler Corsair H115i Platinum

When I first got it was boosting fine. But now it's just doing this 4200mhz bs. I would appreciate any help.
Could Ryzen Master be undoing my bios edits when I open it up?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Load optimized defaults in bios will surely fix it

It seems that after doing that is when it will go back to the boost it should do.

But the moment I open Ryzen master is when things to a bit funky. Should I just uninstall Ryzen Master?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
It seems that after doing that is when it will go back to the boost it should do.

But the moment I open Ryzen master is when things to a bit fucky. Should I just uninstall Ryzen Master?

I just loaded my settings back to optimal default and also uninstalled Ryzen master and my CB20 score went up by 100 and a bit on multicore :p

Associate
OP
I just loaded my settings back to optimal default and also uninstalled Ryzen master and my CB20 score went up by 100 and a bit on multicore :p

I thought Ryzen Master was supposed to be the messiah of tools for the Ryzen series. How can it betray us like this

Associate
I thought Ryzen Master was supposed to be the messiah of tools for the Ryzen series. How can it betray us like this

It probably is, I just didn't find any improvements using the auto settings, and I don't know how to use it correctly, I'm a manual BIOS kinda guy :p

didn't realize ryzen master is that bad. I will now be uninstalling when i get home

It might not be, I just couldn't use it to gain any more performance, to be fair the 5800x what I own at stock is fast enough I was just bored and thought I'd try CB20 scores were worse in single-core and multicore.

Associate
If your boost problems are during CB20 do the following:

Task Manager > Details > Cinebench ( right-click on it ) > Priority > Change to high, above normal or normal if it isn't ... ( mine was actually below normal and I was locked at 4.025Mhz boost on my 5950x )

Associate
OP
If your boost problems are during CB20 do the following:

Task Manager > Details > Cinebench ( right-click on it ) > Priority > Change to high, above normal or normal if it isn't ... ( mine was actually below normal and I was locked at 4.025Mhz boost on my 5950x )
For me it's happening all of the time, regardless of what I'm doing.

I'll definitely try uninstalling Ryzen Master, resetting bios to defaults and starting from the top to see if that fixes it.

Associate
OP
A recent windows update has messed up certain settings for people. I know I had options changed on me and thought I had been hacked or something lol.
So it turns out after the bios update it turned on "Asus Optimal Power" or whatever the thing that isn't "Asus Normal" basically their version of an auto overclock and it was overclocking my ****. to 4.2 (gee thanks) I've fiddled around now and got that sorted out. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Associate
So it turns out after the bios update it turned on "Asus Optimal Power" or whatever the thing that isn't "Asus Normal" basically their version of an auto overclock and it was overclocking my ****. to 4.2 (gee thanks) I've fiddled around now and got that sorted out. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Where was this setting pal. Want to check mine now

Associate
Hey mate, my 5800x on Asus Tuf B550m had the exact same issue.

I updated the BIOS and then set the pre-configured setting to "NORMAL" in the top-right hand corner of the BIOS simple view. The other option is called "ASUS Optimised" and is red, and it is complete garbage. It over-volted the CPU and caused it to be locked to 4200.
Make sure you enable DOCP (left hand, half way up) if you have 3200MHz RAM as well, this is equivalent to XMP on intel platforms.

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom