5G router for Home Broadband

Associate
Hi everyone, the only fixed line broadband I have available is extremely slow (there is fibre in my area, but apparently the cabinet is full so the only way I can get it is either to wait for the cabinet to be upgraded, or wait for someone to move out and free up a slot, and who knows how long either of those will take...) so I am searching for alternatives. I was looking into the Gigacube from Vodafone and wanted to ask if anyone uses it and can share how it performs?

Would it be possible to buy a 5G router and then get a 5G sim-only plan and use the sim in the router to get a better broadband connection in my house? (I live in London and the Vodafone coverage checker says 5G is available). I would also ideally like to be able to connect my PC to it via ethernet.

Can anyone recommend a good router? I know the Gigabyte (and the routers from Three and EE) use the Huawei 5G CPE router so I was wondering if this would be a good one to get and if so, where I can get an unlocked one? (the Huawei site doesn't appear to sell them for some reason?)

Many thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom