60/65% keyboard options

Associate
So I'm looking to bin off the full size Logitech G613 I have and swap to a compact keyboard.

So, I have around £100 which seems to present a myriad of options, so I've noted the following options, please feel free to throw more in!

Fnatic Streak 65
Razer Huntsman Mini
Ducky One2 Mini
Keychron K2/K6 (less keen due to aesthetics, ideally want plain black or maybe white)

So, linear switches is the way I'm going, not used much for typing so I don't feel I need tactile on this.

Now, so far I'm feeling like surface mounted switches are a cleaner look and, also, much easier to keep clean! So that propels the first 2 options to the forefront. Anyone got any alternatives to consider?

US ANSI layout is fine too, if both are the same price I'd have ISO but 99% of use is gaming, so a few key placement changes is inconsequential.

Associate
Heard good things about the Fnatic Streak65, except the ABS keycaps which aren't going to be easy to find replacements for.

I use a Ducky One2 Mini myself and have no complaints.

Associate
OP
Seems to be the tradeoff; Streak65 gives a 65% form factor and ISO layout with low profile ergonomics but ABS caps, whereas the Huntsman is higher profile 60%, ANSI only but high quality doubleshot caps

Soldato
I have a Durgod Hades 68, love it. Really solid, plenty of RGB if that is your thing, uses a USB-C connector so you can get some fancy cables if you so wish. I got mine on the MM but even at full price its good value. I would buy one or a couple on Amazon and try them out :)

I have gateron silent browns, really nice to type on and much quieter than my MX Reds.

Soldato
Just ordered this even though the photos (now on the website) show a US layout... we'll see what arrives!

Would you mind uploading some photos when it arrives? Will be nice to see things like if it has the big enter key and the £ symbol on the 3

Man of Honour
Would you mind uploading some photos when it arrives? Will be nice to see things like if it has the big enter key and the £ symbol on the 3
Will do mate, although I really I think that's an aesthetic as I can flip to a US configuration on my UK laptop keyboard by going to where it says ENG on the start menu (bottom right by the clock) and changing the keyboard to US. So even if it's not a true UK layout, should be OK with that pesky missing £ key!*

Give it a go yourself - you can change your " to @ pretty easily (one difference between UK and US).

*I hope...

Soldato
Will do mate, although I really I think that's an aesthetic as I can flip to a US configuration on my UK laptop keyboard by going to where it says ENG on the start menu (bottom right by the clock) and changing the keyboard to US. So even if it's not a true UK layout, should be OK with that pesky missing £ key!*

Give it a go yourself - you can change your " to @ pretty easily (one difference between UK and US).

*I hope...

Cheers, yeah I know that. But my PC is also used my little one who is starting to learn to type. So would be nice to have the correct keys!

Man of Honour
Cheers, yeah I know that. But my PC is also used my little one who is starting to learn to type. So would be nice to have the correct keys!
Well you certainly know more than me as I spent about an hour searching how to do it just in case :o :D

(It's actually quite a difficult thing to google... so many results come up!)

Man of Honour
What keyboard are you coming from?
None - just a crappy work laptop (ahead of a new PC build for personal use). My other computer is a Macbook pro. Between the two, they are super low profile keys. I got a KLIM one out of the cupboard, broke unfortunately, but just having a practice type the travel was so much further than what I was used to.... figured that keeping with light / low travel less was probably the way to go.

Soldato
None - just a crappy work laptop (ahead of a new PC build for personal use). My other computer is a Macbook pro. Between the two, they are super low profile keys. I got a KLIM one out of the cupboard, broke unfortunately, but just having a practice type the travel was so much further than what I was used to.... figured that keeping with light / low travel less was probably the way to go.

I have read that sometimes when the keys are too light, you can accidentally trigger them with your resting fingers. I am currently on some Kailh Reds and don't have that issue at all

Man of Honour
Did you get an ETA on delivery? Very keen to pull the trigger
I only ordered late on Thursday so I’m hoping for a Monday delivery with a dispatch notice today. I’ll let you know what I receive... but if you are keen for the small form factor and those keys... can live with it being US and prefer black.... you might as well go for it!

The only reason to not go for it is if you’re desperate for a white one or wouldn’t buy without the UK layout imo.

Soldato
It's that damn enter key. I've tried and tried to use the US layout enter key and it doesn't work for me at all.

Soldato
I only ordered late on Thursday so I’m hoping for a Monday delivery with a dispatch notice today. I’ll let you know what I receive... but if you are keen for the small form factor and those keys... can live with it being US and prefer black.... you might as well go for it!

The only reason to not go for it is if you’re desperate for a white one or wouldn’t buy without the UK layout imo.

Has it arrived?! :p

Top Bottom