£600k, Dragons Den..

Soldato
Let me do a bit of maths:

5 Years to get a tenfold return on 100k @ 10% means 1,000,000, so her profit in "5 years" would have to be 10m no?

That's a lot of money to get from advertising and a few flimsy bits of merchandise.

I still cannot imagine where 22k a month is going for this, is she paying herself that money or something?

Associate
mydish said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest.

Made good telly, ehh. But when about two hours of Q and A is boiled down to about ten minutes, all the details don't quite get through. But that's the drama of the Dragons' Den.

The costs cited include all the running costs for about two years including marketing, staff and office, set up and running costs in general etc. So it's not just spending on the website, obviously.

We were expecting a surge of traffic, but nowhere near the huge amount we got. So if the site was wobbly, that's why. We're all up and running now.

Hope that helps. We're looking forward to working with Deborah and thrilled she invested in the company.

Mydish

Soldato
£600k isn't that much. You need to consider things other than the site maintanence, such as marketing/advertising/development.

Soldato
Let me do a bit of maths:

5 Years to get a tenfold return on 100k @ 10% means 1,000,000, so her profit in "5 years" would have to be 10m no?

That's a lot of money to get from advertising and a few flimsy bits of merchandise.

I still cannot imagine where 22k a month is going for this, is she paying herself that money or something?

exactly what i worked out.

600k invested crazy crazy crazy...

Associate
I'm not fully aware of all the facts surrounding this venture but I've worked on a similar start-up and 600K is not as astronomical as people seem to think. You'd be amazed at how money is eaten up in the first year or so.

Soldato
To be honest, other than the vile tasting Reggae Reggae sauce I cant think of a single thing that the Dragons have backed that I have seen for sale, or heard of again.

Back
Top Bottom