• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800GT to 7600GT - worthwhile upgrade?

Soldato
Hello,

I'm trying to get my AGP setup to last as long as it possibly can before I go for a complete upgrade probably some time next year.

My CPU is still fairly reasonable I think (AMD64 3700+) and the system has 2GB of memory installed so that should be fine.

As I've read good things about the 7600GT AGP (which seems the best bang for the buck on AGP at the moment) I wondered if swapping to one of these from my 6800GT would be a worthwhile upgrade and if it would help make my system last a bit longer?

Thanks for replies :)

Soldato
7600gt is faster in newer games like age of empires 3, fear, battlefield 2, call of juarez etc.

it would be ok for you to upgrade especially since you could sell your 6800gt onwards to pay for the bulk of your new purchase.

Soldato
OP
rippling said:
if changing next year might be a good idea just to keep the 6800 and wait till dx10 cards come out?

Thanks for all the replies.

I hadn't thought of this one, and it does seem to make sense to be honest.

I may hang on to the 6800GT to the end then. Although its no longer the latest or greatest card, its no slouch either ;)

Soldato
Roll said:
Thanks for all the replies.

I hadn't thought of this one, and it does seem to make sense to be honest.

I may hang on to the 6800GT to the end then. Although its no longer the latest or greatest card, its no slouch either ;)
the 6800gt will still hack most games on moderate res.

Back
Top Bottom