• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6900 XT Merc Black, Always been Nvidia, do I switch?

Associate
I've never owned an AMD product and since selling my 3090 FE to a miner last week I can get the 6900 XT Merc Black for £1300.

My question is will I be disappointed in its performance? I currently run games on my LG Oled 48 120hz, My thoughts are I probably won't notice 5-10fps difference.

Any AMD owners who have switched also? I know the 3080 Ti releases on Thursday but I'm not able to buy anymore FE cards as I have had 2 from them.

Thanks

Caporegime
I've never owned an AMD product and since selling my 3090 FE to a miner last week I can get the 6900 XT Merc Black for £1300.

My question is will I be disappointed in its performance? I currently run games on my LG Oled 48 120hz, My thoughts are I probably won't notice 5-10fps difference.

Any AMD owners who have switched also? I know the 3080 Ti releases on Thursday but I'm not able to buy anymore FE cards as I have had 2 from them.

Thanks
I got my Merc for £1200, so given the current climate £1300 is a decent price for something that trades blows with the 3090 depending on the game.

Actually curious where you can get one at that price, Lol. Don’t tell me though it’s against the rules.

I am using a 4K120HZ OLED so can speak from personal experiences with this hardware.

I have a few Gameplay videos on my YOuTube channel that can give you a glimpse into performance available on some games.

In the COD games for example like Black Ops, a 3090 needs to use DLSS to compete with a overclocked Merc at 4K.

See here >

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I got my Merc for £1200, so given the current climate £1300 is a decent price for something that trades blows with the 3090 depending on the game.

Actually curious where you can get one at that price, Lol. Don’t tell me though it’s against the rules.

I am using a 4K120HZ OLED so can speak from personal experiences with this hardware.

I have a few Gameplay videos on my YOuTube channel that can give you a glimpse into performance available on some games.

In the COD games for example like Black Ops, a 3090 needs to use DLSS to compete with a overclocked Merc at 4K.

See here >

Thanks for the info, I will check your videos out

Man of Honour
Pretty sure if someone offered you £2500 for a card you payed £1400 for, you would say YES as well.

Someone offered me £2500 for a graphics card I paid £470 for... I still have the £470 card. (At the time I wouldn't have been able to replace it anyhow but I still probably wouldn't have sold it).

Associate
OP

See here >

What is the MSRP on the Merc?

Associate
Pretty sure if someone offered you £2500 for a card you payed £1400 for, you would say YES as well.

Maybe you should have just enjoyed the luck of getting a product at rrp instead of then taking advantage of people to flip a profit. This forum is full of people who cannot get the product at sensible prices or have been sat in queues for 6 month+ also having purchased at higher prices. Just don't think it sits well telling everyone how you've had least "2" fe cards and clearly hoped to get another 3080ti fe model which I'm sure you intended to just flip again for more profit cause you "couldnt refuse" the opportunity again. Just my opinion though perhaps ;)

Associate
OP
Maybe you should have just enjoyed the luck of getting a product at rrp instead of then taking advantage of people to flip a profit. This forum is full of people who cannot get the product at sensible prices or have been sat in queues for 6 month+ also having purchased at higher prices. Just don't think it sits well telling everyone how you've had least "2" fe cards and clearly hoped to get another 3080ti fe model which I'm sure you intended to just flip again for more profit cause you "couldnt refuse" the opportunity again. Just my opinion though perhaps ;)

Tell me how selling to a miner who asked me to sell it is taking advantage of someone for a profit lol

Last edited:
Soldato
The only thing that would make me say no is that you seem to have a G-Sync (only) monitor. Apart from that, there's no reason to be loyal to a brand these days. I've switched back and forth between AMD and Nvidia countless times over the past five years, and there's really no difference. Both have minor upsides and downsides that about balance out in the end.

Associate
OP
The only thing that would make me say no is that you seem to have a G-Sync (only) monitor. Apart from that, there's no reason to be loyal to a brand these days. I've switched back and forth between AMD and Nvidia countless times over the past five years, and there's really no difference. Both have minor upsides and downsides that about balance out in the end.

ah, i don't own my PG35VQ anymore, ever since I got my oled it looked well washed out

Associate

I dont know £1100 is more than a lot of peoples monthly income after taxes

Back
Top Bottom