• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6970 Twin Frozr?

Associate
Any news on a 6970 twin frozr anytime soon?

I bought the HIS 6970 on release day and performance wise cant fault it. Plays everything I have thrown at it no problems. Will OC to 950/1450 with no voltage bump quite happily.

However the cooler is beginning to get on my nerves and not as quiet as I would like. It is by no means loud but sitting in a Fractal R2 with extra sound proofing fitted it is the loudest thing in my rig by a long shot.

I have looked into 3rd party cooler such as the Shaman but they all seem to lack some sort of VRM cooling and will obviously void my warranty if I fit one.
Bearing in mind the price of a 3rd party cooler as well I may as well simply sell the 6970 I have and buy a Twin Frozr (If they ever come).

Any news on when we can expect to see a Twin Frozr 6970?

wsh

wsh

Associate
There is no Twin Frozr II but a III coming and there is also the Direct CU II from Asus.

If you can find somewhere with the Direct CU II in stock at a reasonable price... I'm having trouble finding a 6950 Direct CU II that isn't silly money. Come on overclockers, get them in!

Back
Top Bottom