• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£70 Budget Card For Maya...

Soldato
Hi all, looking for a card for around £70 (Can stretch a bit) That will run Maya well, not to worried about games performance... Thanks!

Associate
awaiting delivery on an 8800gt here so will be posting an fx1400m for sale in near future, pretty sure that will run maya quite well, I can run specview for you if you like, what processor will you be running it on ?, and I can select a viable number of threads in the bechmark for comparison

Soldato
Well I know it's well outside your budget, but with your rig it'd be a crying shame not to put an 8800GT in there. I'd feel it £70 wasted that could have gone to a card that would do what you want, PLUS gaming. :)

But if £70 odd squid is your limit, then as above, I would go for a 512MB X1950 Pro.

Associate
how much you willing to stretch, could get a 3850 or 8800gt if you want to stretdch that far. x1950 is good buy atm though

Associate
I remember reading somewhere that the ATI FireGL cards are better than the nVidia Quadro cards for maya. I would go for one of the proper CAD card and not the gaming cards (unless you want flash the bios on them). For your price range you could get a 256MB ATI FireGL V3350 or a 128MB ATI FireGL V3300. I have seen them for arround £80 ~ £90, however you might be better off getting a better second hand one.

Back
Top Bottom