£70 Keyboard

Associate
I am planning on buying a keyboard and my budget is around £70, i want keyboard for general typing for the reports i have to do for IT work, a friend has recently bought a Corsair K50 which i found really easy to type with. i will also be gaming every so often, and i want backlighting, any suggestions ? Thanks

Associate
CM Storm Quickfire TK Mechanical Keyboard - Red Switch - £72.98
Really good board for the money, the red switches are good all around switches and also good for gaming too, solid keyboard and backlit :)

Associate
I personally find red switches a little too light for doing lots of typing on, but YMMV. It's really a try before you buy thing if you can manage it.

I would probably recommend giving brown switches a try if you can.

Associate
OP
I personally find red switches a little too light for doing lots of typing on, but YMMV. It's really a try before you buy thing if you can manage it.

I would probably recommend giving brown switches a try if you can.

i may sound like a noob but what is YMMV and how does the order of the switches go?

Associate
Your Mileage May Vary.

If you look at ** rjkoneill's Keyboard Guide ** which is pinned at the top of this particular forum then you can read up on the different types of switches. The CM Storm Quickfire TK Mechanical Keyboard also comes with brown switches (my preference) which has white backlighting and blue switches which has blue backlighting.

Associate
OP
Your Mileage May Vary.

If you look at ** rjkoneill's Keyboard Guide ** which is pinned at the top of this particular forum then you can read up on the different types of switches. The CM Storm Quickfire TK Mechanical Keyboard also comes with brown switches (my preference) which has white backlighting and blue switches which has blue backlighting.

this is great, thanks :D

Associate
ive been thinking about the corsair k65 or the k50, ill be using it mostly for typing so which will be better ?

I'd say out of the 2, go for the K65 because of the mechanical switches, the K50 isn't mechanical so unless you particularly want the macro buttons or dislike the switches (Red), there isn't much of a reason to go with it imo.

Permabanned
I just got the K50 and I think what Corsair tried to do is ape the feel of mechanical switches using raised membrane switches.

Its got a great typing feel for a membrane keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom