• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£700 for gtx 1080 (aka new 980) - ehmmm..no thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I cant help but laugh at this "Showing off" stuff what a load of rubbish, who shows off GPU's?

I could buy a 1080 right now with real money that I have spent months saving, not credit card money or loans

I choose not to because I am simply not stupid enough to feed the current state of the GPU market and contribute to making it worse. If people out there are stupid enough to pay this kind of money for a mid range card only to want to upgrade again when the Ti comes out for even more silly money then more fool you, they have you by the balls.

this. a year later the ti comes out and some will sell their 1080's for a ti.

Everyone should just boycot the 1070/80 and wait for the ti

Associate
1080 is a joke like sady pointed above, its not faster than 980Ti and slower than titan x ad 1450MHz on core, so why ppl keep on buying it I do not know. I will wait for Ti and hopefully we will be able to see some real improvements

Associate
Imagine that, a courier firm spends the time doing paperwork to fulfil their legal requirement then has the audacity to charge you for it.

I'll bet you work for nothing as well eh?

They don't fill out anything. In most cases they just glance at the attached paperwork that includes a declared value and either:

a) Pay the tax themselves up front and then charge you in what is essentially a form of pay-day loan

b) Hold the parcel until you front up the cash.

In the latter case especially they have absolutely zero justification for charging an admin fee.

Permabanned
They don't fill out anything. In most cases they just glance at the attached paperwork that includes a declared value and either:

a) Pay the tax themselves up front and then charge you in what is essentially a form of pay-day loan

b) Hold the parcel until you front up the cash.

In the latter case especially they have absolutely zero justification for charging an admin fee.

Yea and they have increased it recently too caught me with a £21 American item and i had a letter through the door stating clearly there would be £6 VAT and an £8 Royal Mail fee too. It was this or no item and i would not even dream now of ordering anything else because when i paid my money they came back with another card and another £14 demand and when i stated i paid they re-arranged.

TLDR 1 week wait and hassle for £8 fee? Work for nothing? :p

Associate
My laptop has a 980 in it with 8GB Vram.

The price of the 1080 is a joke, and Asus removing a DP cable in favour of another HDMI cable is double stupid.

R.I.P to anyone who wants to do Tri-screen G-sync.

I was going to build a desktop with pascal in it but after seeing the price i'm probably going to skip until the next gen and save up more/make it more worth it, my 980 8gb Vram, i5 6600k 16gb RAM laptop will do me just fine until then,

Associate
We've already seen benchmarks showing the 1070 is faster than the 980ti

The jury is still out on the 1070 at this point I think although hopefully more will be known by this time tomorrow. I'm still expecting some form of 970-style nasty surprise to come out of the wood work over the next month or so.

Caporegime
I'll say £450 for 1070. I hope I'm wrong.

We've seen the $599 1080 sell for a £525 for the cheapest model on release. Applying the same ratio we should be able.to get a 1070 for £330. The premium cards will go for for more of course but nine of them will hit 450 I'd my bet. Given a little time I'm sure there will be some £299 baden models.

Caporegime
The jury is still out on the 1070 at this point I think although hopefully more will be known by this time tomorrow. I'm still expecting some form of 970-style nasty surprise to come out of the wood work over the next month or so.

We saw official benchmarks from a french review site that published early by mistake. Those weren't fake numbers.or rumours but real world tests.

I.don't think there will be a 970 episode. NVida got their fingers burnee. Jen made a special announcement saying how it has the full memory bus etc. It would look extremely bad to make the same mistake twice.

If there is something specially cut down im.sure they will announce it to reviewers.

Associate
I don't have a problem with the price of the 1080 in the States...but over here we always get shafted for the price of EVERYTHING - PC hardware, consoles, clothing, DVDs and Blu-Rays, CDs etc etc etc.

I'm still going to buy one though...maybe I'm part of the problem..? lol :D

Soldato
Yeah I can't see custom cards being 400

But you never know !

The FE has been priced at £399, so if the prices are any thing like the 1080 most custom cards will be less or the same as the FE, only top end ones will cost more and the 1070 doesn't require as much cooling to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom