£70k for a Sierra you say????

Soldato
Lol, he updated his ebay saying hes been made a offer in excess of 60k... And he hasnt taken this?!

One just like this near where i live. If you stand too close to the road the turbo will suck you in! lol Amazing stuff. but for 75k id like a car with aircon...

It does have aircon :p On the site that he links, he says that because it was near the end of the production, it was young enough to get aircon equipped. Now you have no excuse to not buy it!

Soldato
All I'm saying is I wouldn't buy it, at all, because I just don't like it! I never said it wasn't in good condition, that I don't respect what it is or it's a poor car, I just said it's ugly (especially the interior) so I wouldn't buy it. Sorry for having an opinion and just not liking it! This forum can be bitchy at times!

IMO it's a 25 year old Ford with a nice engine in it, I don't find it particularly special or nice to look at! If I were a millionaire I wouldn't want one in my big car garage, there are other cars that look better and other cars that drive better, older ones too, so what's the point?!

Soldato
30-50k depending on it's condition i wouldn't of been shocked, but 70-75k and turning down 60k?
You must have A LOT of money and little sense or really REALLY love this car to go for it at that price surely?

Soldato
To save any more weird people wasting their time with stupid offers of a pound etc,

lol

i doubt he has had (as he's claimed) offers of over £60k for it as he would have let it go.

i was never a fan of these cars but i can understand why someone would pay a premium for one.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

If I were a millionaire I wouldn't want one in my big car garage!

I would.

Should never have sold my Sapph Cosseh!

At least I've still got one Cosworth in the household - it's not worth £75K though!

Associate
I suspect what many of the younger forum members don't appreciate is that the original Cossie was a real pin up car back then.

A homologation special, with stand out performance (for the time). It was comparatively raw - made only with the intention of selling the numbers required to allow the car to race and rally - not as compromised with creature comforts/ safe handling as would have been the case if Ford needed to sell them in larger volume. The BTCC series in those days was truly epic too and dominated by the RS500.

This made it something that people of that age aspired to, maybe even more so than a ferrari or a porsche as it was something anyone could afford if they did well for themselves.

Now in their 40s or 50s, unsuprisingly there will be plenty of those youngster who have now done well for themselves who wish to live that dream by buying the car they had on their bedroom wall. In their mind it might be their way of proving to themselves that they finally made it! (Mid life crisis?)
In that respect the price perhaps isn't so suprising if not entirely rational.

You can't judge it by modern hot hatch standards either - unsuprisingly in comparison it seems unspectacular as everyone and their dog copied the successful formula and had time to improve and refine the concept.

Soldato
I suspect what many of the younger forum members don't appreciate is that the original Cossie was a real pin up car back then.

A homologation special, with stand out performance (for the time). It was comparatively raw - made only with the intention of selling the numbers required to allow the car to race and rally - not as compromised with creature comforts/ safe handling as would have been the case if Ford needed to sell them in larger volume. The BTCC series in those days was truly epic too and dominated by the RS500.

This made it something that people of that age aspired to, maybe even more so than a ferrari or a porsche as it was something anyone could afford if they did well for themselves.

Now in their 40s or 50s, unsuprisingly there will be plenty of those youngster who have now done well for themselves who wish to live that dream by buying the car they had on their bedroom wall. In their mind it might be their way of proving to themselves that they finally made it! (Mid life crisis?)
In that respect the price perhaps isn't so suprising if not entirely rational.

You can't judge it by modern hot hatch standards either - unsuprisingly in comparison it seems unspectacular as everyone and their dog copied the successful formula and had time to improve and refine the concept.

Top post. The BTCC was truly awesome in those days, those cars were absolute monsters.

Back
Top Bottom