£74m wealth and drives....

Associate
According to some of his golf buddies my boss has somewhere in the region of £74mil in the bank.. or in savings whatever...
So it led me to wonder, he just replaced his XC-90 Volvo with... another XC-90, and other than an Austin Seven it's his only method of transportation, and his wife drives an aging Vauxhall Omega Elite. His son, also well up there in the company management, and gotta have more than a few quid himself, drives a Focus ST3. His daughter drives (and i gotta say respect due) the last of the saloon shape Impreza WRX's.

Now personally i can think of a hundred car's i'd rather have if i was worth that kind of money, but i guess either the family just aren't into cars (with maybe the exception of the daughter) its just not something they wish to spend money on.

I imagine others on the forum would have an amazing line up of exotic and rare cars parked up in a converted barn or something if that kind of money was available to spend. I also have no doubt that there will be others that wouldnt waste their money on cars, which is quite understandable, but not so much so when you could have a new veyron every yer and still have plenty left in interest alone on that kind of money.

Now i know that there's been 100's of "millionaire garage's" but what if you had that kind of cash floating around and you could only choose one car/4x4/whatever to use as a daily driver what would you choose, bearing in mind your daily commute is less than 10 miles, and tbh it's probably never more than just you in the car.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My boss is probably worth quite a bit less and drives a V12 Vanquish, but then he likes his cars.

If he's not a car enthusiast I'm glad he aint bought some silly car that means nothing to him. More for the ones who are into cars.

Soldato
I know a couple of millionaires, until last year drove a fairly bog standard 1999 5 Series (auto, for disability reasons) and the other a mid 90's Range Rover.

Soldato
Millionaires are usually millionaires because they are good with money. Investing in a depreciating asset does not make sense when it's only a method of transport and not a hobby.

Permabanned
The richest couple I know have an early eighties SAAB as their only car...

...They spend all their money on their yachts.

*n

Soldato
My old man could have pretty much any car he wanted but he's just not interested any more, when he was younger he was a bit of a petrolhead but he's grown out of it!

I don't understand it myself and I've told him he needs a DB9 ;)

Associate
Isn't it the ikea owner who drives around in his early 90's (or even earlier!) saab or volvo.

Last check he was one of the top 10 richest people in the world.

Whilst people on here like cars - there are plenty out there who just don't care...my girlfriend is one of them!

She couldn't give a toss what car she drives and she thinks my RS4 is pointless....go figure!

Soldato
Some people just aren't interested in cars, my brother inlaw has a few notes stuffed down the back of his settee and till recently he used to drive around in a clapped out old Nissan Sunny, changed it to a V plate BM 325 a few years ago but that was only at the insistence of his sons and when ever I see him he always goes on about how good the Sunny was :(

Soldato
For about a year and half my Dad drove around in a really old Lada estate which he bought as it was cheaper than getting a skip to empty one of his houses, he bought it for £50 and spent nothing on it and it went straight through a MOT!

I had a go once and to be honest it was really funny driving around in such a shed ;)

Permabanned
For about a year and half my Dad drove around in a really old Lada estate which he bought as it was cheaper than getting a skip to empty one of his houses, he bought it for £50 and spent nothing on it and it went straight through a MOT!

I had a go once and to be honest it was really funny driving around in such a shed ;)

My mum spent £400 on a mk3 Golf estate with about 180k on the clock, owned it for four or five years before scrapping it with about 400k on the clock. All it consumed was fuel, oil and tyres.

My dad spends all his money on cars...She just views them as white goods.

*n

Back
Top Bottom