• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

780 6GB or sli 770 dilemma

Soldato
I should probably clarify that what I meant above was that 770 SLI is recommended above an EVGA 6Gb 780 by an EVGA guy (with a vested interest in trying to increase sales of EVGA products), so that probably tells you that a 6Gb 780 is not worth the premium here :)

EDIT: Just realised OP has a 770 already!
You made the same reading mistake as I did lol :D

Associate
OP
Now ive remembered that I don't have an SLI bridge as MSI didn't include one :( (yes the board is certified) LOL lot harder than you think to just buy one....So card might turn up and cant use it yet anyways lol.

Associate
This was of course my personal suggestion how I would go in this case.. If somebody go for a new system with this question of course, 780 6GB but in this case a 770 SLI system brings a lot of horse power for a good price and it probably still take a while till you can get a nice 4K screen for an affordable price.... Till this point you will probably have better performance on this with future generations... and some money on the side because you saved it at this upgrade :)

Associate
This was of course my personal suggestion how I would go in this case.. If somebody go for a new system with this question of course, 780 6GB but in this case a 770 SLI system brings a lot of horse power for a good price and it probably still take a while till you can get a nice 4K screen for an affordable price.... Till this point you will probably have better performance on this with future generations... and some money on the side because you saved it at this upgrade :)

+1

Associate
OP

I appreciate your suggestion. I agree for the cost of £190 (knocking watchdogs off) it was the clear choice since I already had 1 770.

It arrived today so speedy delivery from OC as usual.

Back
Top Bottom