• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

780 6GB or sli 770 dilemma

Associate
Dilemma, I currently have a single 770 and while a second is reasonably priced right now and will offer a good performance boost vram will increasingly become an issue especially if I get a 4k monitor.

So I'm tempted by a single 780 6gb or even sli.

Option 1 : add an other single 770 ge cost is 229 less watchdogs which I want anyways.

Option 2 : single 780 6gb evga cost is 469 less watchdog and sell current 770. (so prob cost to change around 100 more than adding a 770.

Option 3 : 2x 780 6GB , obviously a lot more and the worry been if nvidia finally release Maxwell it's dated very quickly.

I appreciate people's thoughts. Oh and while I'm not an nvidia fan boy I'm not interested in amd options in this thread thanks.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Dilemma, I currently have a single 770 and while a second is reasonably priced right now and will offer a good performance boost vram will increasingly become an issue especially if I get a 4k monitor.

So I'm tempted by a single 780 6gb or even sli.

Option 1 :) add an other single 770 ge cost is 229 less watchdogs which I want anyways.

Option 2 :) single 780 6gb evga cost is 469 less watchdog and sell current 770. (so prob cost to change around 100 more than adding a 770.

Option 3 :) 2x 780 6GB , obviously a lot more and the worry been if nvidia finally release Maxwell it's dated very quickly.

I appreciate people's thoughts. Oh and while I'm not an nvidia fan boy I'm not interested in amd options in this thread thanks.

lol

Get another GK104 they've got awesome performance.

Soldato
You'll need at least a pair of 6gb 780's to drive over 3gb (skyrim mods excluded). Personally I'd go the cheapest option and wait about for the next gen of cards....when ever that may be.

Soldato
Yea listen to the EVGA Rep they think 770 is good so it must be good!
If OP already have a GTX770, then yea getting another for SLI is probably the best option, regardless of the vram limitation.

But don't think anyone should really spending any more than £220-£230 max for one to be honest...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Yeah I appreciate one 780 6gb is kind of pointless and would need two which seems a lot.

I think im ordering the other 770 and waiting for next gen.

Associate
I should probably clarify that what I meant above was that 770 SLI is recommended above an EVGA 6Gb 780 by an EVGA guy (with a vested interest in trying to increase sales of EVGA products), so that probably tells you that a 6Gb 780 is not worth the premium here :)

EDIT: Just realised OP has a 770 already!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I should probably clarify that what I meant above was that even 770 SLI (which at £230 I would not recommend over a 2nd hand 780) is recommended above an EVGA 6Gb 780 by an EVGA guy (with a vested interest in trying to increase sales of EVGA products), so that probably tells you that a 6Gb 780 is not worth the premium here :)

Yeah I would buy watchdogs anyway though so im treating the upgrade as £190 cost. Think I made the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom