• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970 - best one at the moment?

Soldato
Was looking at the Gigabyte 7970 OC (not the super OC version), seemed to get a good write up from all the reviews I read and nice and quiet too with a decent cooler. Horrible looking blue PCB doesn't worry me as no window on my case.

However, although reviews state good overclocking ability, it appeared the memory was voltage locked. Bit more googling seems to suggest that the model is now completely voltage locked so can't adjust core voltage?

Anyone know any more on that?

Basically i'm just looking for a 7970 which will be voltage unlocked, custom cooler will be preferred as no plans to WC it

Soldato
I'm also looking at the Gigabyte 7970 and 7950 and have also heard about the voltage being locked, although it may just be the 7970 apparantly. If the price is right it wouldn't bother me to be honest but Ocuk are a good bit off at the moment.;)

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm a full £100 more just for voltage control and high stock clocks seems rather excessive to me! Would rather pocket the £100 in that case.

Anyone got an opinion on the HIS or Powercolour cards?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
PaulyD said:
Hmmmm a full £100 more just for voltage control and high stock clocks seems rather excessive to me! Would rather pocket the £100 in that case.

Anyone got an opinion on the HIS or Powercolour cards?
Hey don't forget probally the extra 100+ watts it will be sucking up for a few extra fps lol. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom