• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970 horrible temps!

Associate
my card which was overclocked to 1200mhz by 1500 is hitting 92 degrees when my wife has been playing CIV 5 for hours. I have only noticed it since the change to my ASUS 1440p monitor. the card actually overheated and crashed whilst playin BF3. Is my card faulty or is it just the demands of 1440p? I have removed the overclock and the card is idling at 50 ish, with the overclock it was hitting 70 plus. Are these temps a worry? the card is less than 6 months old.

Associate
OP
In the long term I am thinking of going crossfire or getting a supercard like the 7990 or 690 but I was hoping to do so when the next gen of cards is released next year.

Associate
OP
I have now dropped it back to its standard settings. The OC was not in place for long. The OC used the auto settings from Afterburner. It seems to idle at 50 odd is that too much?

Associate
OP
my Wife has been playing CIV 5 temps now after closing CIV 5 a few mins ago are at 62 Degrees with just web browser on!

Associate
OP
ok I removed all OCs on GPU then I cleaned out the PC, removed the card and put it in a different slot (there was a strange error with the top slot previously so the card was in the second slot down on the MB). I turned the fans on the h100 on to the max settings. I booted up and still 50 odd on idle.

BUT then I removed all drivers for the 7970 and installed the 12.11 beta 8 i think I ran an earlier version and the 12.11 caps and now it says 35 Degrees!!!!

Back
Top Bottom