£7k for a BMW 320D

Nor

Nor

Associate
Would you be buying trouble?

My brother is looking for a car, has £7k to spend. Needs to be 5 door, estate if possible.

Have also looked at the Passat TDi. Not that keen on Mondeo.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can you even get an E90 320d for £7k? Because an E46 320d is not worth £7k.

The Passat is pretty decent, Octavia could be worth a look too.
I'd recommend a V50 but they're small (for an estate) and the diesel's aren't that great.
Does he specifically need a decent?

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Will be doing a lot of miles, so I'm suggesting diesel, but for the right car probably would go petrol.

Man of Honour
Cheap BMW diesels = pointless cars unless you have a great warranty which of course you wont on one old and miley enough to be £7k.

Petrols are fine because you dont buy them to be cheap, but you buy the diesel to save money, which you wont, because it'll eat it in repair bills instead.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
That's my concern Fox. Do you know what is likely to go wrong with a 2004 E46 320D?

Cheers.

Soldato
Forget about the swirl flaps - just get some £40 PNW blanking plates and it becomes a non-issue.

Not convinced that you'll have turbo or whatever issues with a £7k 320D - the mileage really shouldn't be high enough for that.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Is this REALLY that much of a problem, or are you guys making it out to be much worse than it is? :p

I've changed my mind about paying £7k for an E46 320d. Do it, that's how much they seem to command for ones in good condition.

Man of Honour
It's quite a big problem, but the main issue is that its yet another potential major issue to add to the others that exist.

Caporegime
Whats with the sig?

Its called Irony

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance)[1] is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions. Ironic statements (verbal irony) often convey a meaning exactly opposite from their literal meaning. In ironic situations (situational irony), actions often have an effect exactly opposite from what is intended. The discordance of verbal irony is created as a means of communication (as in art or rhetoric). Descriptions or depictions of situational and dramatic ironies, whether in fiction or in non-fiction, serve a communicative function of sharpening or highlighting certain discordant features of reality.

From my favourite source :D

Soldato
Its called Irony

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance)[1] is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions. Ironic statements (verbal irony) often convey a meaning exactly opposite from their literal meaning. In ironic situations (situational irony), actions often have an effect exactly opposite from what is intended. The discordance of verbal irony is created as a means of communication (as in art or rhetoric). Descriptions or depictions of situational and dramatic ironies, whether in fiction or in non-fiction, serve a communicative function of sharpening or highlighting certain discordant features of reality.

Fromy my favourite source :D

:D

Back
Top Bottom